Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am a first time Huracan owner and sadly I am off to a bad start. My baby was delivered from CO on Thursday and as they rolled it out of the trailer, I noticed the rear-view mirror dangling off of the windshield. I thought maybe it just came loose but after further inspection, the whole mirror including the bracket came off the window during transit. It looks like the glue or rubber seal gave way and the whole thing is just dangling from the wires. See pictures. Now I have a detached mirror dangling and glue and seal on the windshield, which I cannot get off.

Any thoughts or advice on how to fix and reattach this thing? It appears to be two separate pieces, a base and the mirror which clicks on the base. I am concerned that there is going to be damage to wires by it hanging in mid-air which I assume control the auto dimming and maybe the compass, similar to other vehicles. I tried searching all the forums but it looks like I am the only one with this issue. Figures....Thank you in advance for the advice/assistance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo with Heffner Twin Turbo
125 Posts
For sure I’d check with your local dealer on this..but one thought is the safe-lite repair type of companies who repair windshields. They generally have a lot of remote people who can come to you - maybe you can call and strike a deal as I’d think they deal with this.
Sorry to hear!

Reactions: DXM31

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
I've had this happen on other cars before. Most likely the windshield was replaced at some point. It's possible the bracket to the windshield may not have been glued properly or something was defective. Thus, the vibration of the journey made it fall off. The bracket is a machined surface and if they can't re-glue over the top of it. It's possible the bracket may need replacement. Just call a glass shop and have an installer come out. It's pretty standard work for them dealing with a rearview mirror. I'd also make whoever you bought the car from aware of the issue as well. Good luck and let us know the outcome. Car looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I wouldn't take it to the dealer, they would just call a glass company and charge you double. It might have been bumped while it was being cleaned, don't really see a reason it would just fall off. Guess it could be a the windshield was replaced but even then the installer, one would think, would know what they were doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.