Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2018 Aventador S Roadster (wow what a fun car).

The car has Apple Car Play and the sound is terrible, bass is way off, echos, etc.. Normal FM/Sirius sounds fine.

I read there were some issues with the upgraded Lambo sound system, not sure if correct or not. Thoughts?

I thought the S allowed Bluetooth streaming but I can't seem to get it working, any insights on if the car actually does?

Does anyone know that latest version of the entertainment system software? I might be just behind.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was just shooting out some PM's about this very thing a few minutes ago.
I have a '19 SVJ w/ the Sensonum (2 woofers + 2 tweeters). Sadly one of the the worst sounding stereos I've ever had in a car. Car was just serviced and I have the most recent infotainment software (not sure what version offhand) but it didn't help anything.
In my case it sounds like there's a missing center channel (super muted vocals and very muddy mids). A member alluded to a wiring issue on the amp level. Honestly, the sound issues really seem to be tuning-related rather than physical.
But I agree- music through Carplay sounds awful. On your iphone go to settings>music>sound check. Put sound check in the "on" position. This doesn't help the sound quality but (in my case) it prevented the car play songs from being ridiculously loud as compared to other inputs. By essentially reducing the input level of the iPhone you have more nuanced volume control on the car level which helps a little bit.
My '19 car doesn't appear to have Bluetooth audio streaming.

-Cam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insight, I got Apple Car Play sounding much better.

Went into the sound settings on the car and set the treble and bass down as low as possible and turned off the bass-boost feature (can't recall it's name) and the audio sounds pretty good now (at least listenable).

I'll keep you posted, I am going to call Lambo service this week and see if I can figure out what the latest code is and how to get it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the insight, I got Apple Car Play sounding much better.

Went into the sound settings on the car and set the treble and bass down as low as possible and turned off the bass-boost feature (can't recall it's name) and the audio sounds pretty good now (at least listenable).

I'll keep you posted, I am going to call Lambo service this week and see if I can figure out what the latest code is and how to get it.

Thanks.
Any updates? I’m very interested in hearing what your final audio solution was and whether you are satisfied.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had similar issues but my primary concern was the volume in Apple CarPlay. On mine it went from Level 1 to Level 6 or 7 in one turn of the dial. So from barely audible to super loud. The bass seemed cranked up to the max also.

I fixed it on the iPhone CarPlay settings by following the below instructions given to me by Camborghini (a fellow forum member):
In your phone setting under "Music" you'll see an option called "Sound Check." Turn this on. It reduces the input signal level going into your CarPlay and will give you more control over your volume.

This made the volume and general output more standardized.

I previously also played around with the treble and bass while on Radio settings but it did not seem to have any impact in CarPlay.

In the meantime I also invested in a Bovee Tune2Air bluetooth streamer which plugs into a socket in the upper left of the glove box. When connecting you have to connect your iPhone bluetooth to the Tune2Air, not the car. You can actually connect to both but the music runs through the Tune2Air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts