Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2017 Aventador S that is being shipped to me from across the country and I'm trying to find a consistent answer on the audio setup, specifically does the car have Apple CarPlay.

Doing a quick google for 2017 Aventador S carplay shows a lot of articles that indicate the car does have CarPlay (see attached image of the google search). But speaking with a few Lamborghini sales reps, they have told me the car does not have CarPlay.

So my questions are:

1) Does the 2017 Aventador S have Apple CarPlay? If so, where's the USB connection for it?
2) Does the 2017 Aventador S have the AMI (Audi Media Interface) cable in the glove box? I've seen some references to this, I had it in an old car and I know I can get a bluetooth adapter for it (not ideal).

If anyone has clear insights or any idea how I can find out for sure (short of waiting on the car and trying it myself)?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
157 Posts
1. I have a 2017 AV S, and it definitely has CarPlay. There's a USB jack in the passenger side footwell, adjacent to the media screen. I have been having some volume issues with this method lately, need to research further.
2. Yes, it does and many people use the Bovee interface plugged into this connection for wireless integration. I use the USB plug so that I have full CarPlay accessibility, but the audio quality is terrible so I may change this at some point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. I have a 2017 AV S, and it definitely has CarPlay. There's a USB jack in the passenger side footwell, adjacent to the media screen. I have been having some volume issues with this method lately, need to research further.
2. Yes, it does and many people use the Bovee interface plugged into this connection for wireless integration. I use the USB plug so that I have full CarPlay accessibility, but the audio quality is terrible so I may change this at some point.
Thanks man! This is super helpful.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes-above. And TERRIBLE quality.

Oh also-can I ask how many miles and what you paid? You can DM me if you prefer to not put it on the board Im just doing market research.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Pricing, on a 2017 or 2018 S model in today’s market you’re probably gonna pay about 215 to 225,000 for something that has about 5000 miles on it. For a low mileage 2018 maybe a little more and this is for the hardtop or if you can find one. 2019 you’ll pay about 360 if it has higher miles maybe 330 or 320. Roadsters are 370 and up.

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
157 Posts
Pricing, on a 2017 or 2018 S model in today’s market you’re probably gonna pay about 215 to 225,000 for something that has about 5000 miles on it. For a low mileage 2018 maybe a little more and this is for the hardtop or if you can find one. 2019 you’ll pay about 360 if it has higher miles maybe 330 or 320. Roadsters are 370 and up.
In reviewing Autotrader and some of the other sites, the cheapest AV S I can find is $319.5k, a 2017 with nearly 20k miles. There's only 68 total Aventadors of any make or year for sale in the USA on Autotrader, whereas when I looked last September there were over 150.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah Im trying to see what I should be expecting for mine. Its a 2017 Black S with only 5K miles. It looks like the market is around 330-340 for it, but I see some with that low miles up to 350.

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
157 Posts
Yeah Im trying to see what I should be expecting for mine. Its a 2017 Black S with only 5K miles. It looks like the market is around 330-340 for it, but I see some with that low miles up to 350.
Are you selling it yourself or trading it in? If selling it yourself, I'd start with $349 or $359 and adjust from there. The market for cars is nuts at the moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.