Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, This is my first lamborghini spyder, it has only 9000km on it.

I am confused if this is a transmission issue, or clutch slipping, or it is normal?

every time at cold start about 5 minutes, before I go to the highway to my office, there have a small small path I need to overtake some cars. And every time I step all the way the gas padel to overtake, the car will kick down from 6th gear to 2 gear immediately but the car will hesitate 0.5 to 1 second to engage the gear then go...i mean you can hear the powerful engine sound immediately from 6th to 2rd gear, but car just not moving for a second, and then suddenly rush forwards. It is a bit disappointing to me for the car reaction, sometime make my overtake situation odds.

but seems it only happened on car is not warmed up..

any idea?

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's really hard to diagnose over the internet. Have you tried to move into Corsa mode and see if it happens there? It would be good to isolate whether it's an electronic limiting item or something that's mechanical in the gearbox potentially

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's really hard to diagnose over the internet. Have you tried to move into Corsa mode and see if it happens there? It would be good to isolate whether it's an electronic limiting item or something that's mechanical in the gearbox potentially
yes..maybe it is not warm up yet, because everything is fine while it is warmed up. and no weird sound and weird act.

just sometimes at cold start and hard step for kick down it will hesitate 1 second and go fast as hell

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
yes..maybe it is not warm up yet, because everything is fine while it is warmed up. and no weird sound and weird act.

just sometimes at cold start and hard step for kick down it will hesitate 1 second and go fast as hell
You really shouldn't be doing a hard step kickdown until the car is warmed up anyways. If it were anything serious it would throw a hard code on the dash. You could still have the car scanned for any stored soft codes but my bet is everything is okay.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
You really shouldn't be doing a hard step kickdown until the car is warmed up anyways. If it were anything serious it would throw a hard code on the dash. You could still have the car scanned for any stored soft codes but my bet is everything is okay.
Cosign. I daily my H and on cold start in Sport the transmission doesnt manually kick down from 2nd to 1st or 3rd to 2nd until 5 minutes or so.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am curious to know that if my clutch is slipping?

in totally warmed up situation, from 7 gear, and step down all the way, and you see the transmission kicked down, and engine Rev high to 6000rpm, and engine sound is very loud. but car is not going immediately, and you feel like clutch engagement is not firm. And car will move slow and hesitate a half second and then clutch engaged and go.

this is happened in around 70km/h acceleration.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hello all, This is my first lamborghini spyder, it has only 9000km on it.

I am confused if this is a transmission issue, or clutch slipping, or it is normal?

every time at cold start about 5 minutes, before I go to the highway to my office, there have a small small path I need to overtake some cars. And every time I step all the way the gas padel to overtake, the car will kick down from 6th gear to 2 gear immediately but the car will hesitate 0.5 to 1 second to engage the gear then go...i mean you can hear the powerful engine sound immediately from 6th to 2rd gear, but car just not moving for a second, and then suddenly rush forwards. It is a bit disappointing to me for the car reaction, sometime make my overtake situation odds.

but seems it only happened on car is not warmed up..

any idea?
auto--- maybe there's a problem with the converter if it seems to leg out, id just place an order to modify the whole system..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts