Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wanted to check something, not had the car long and not sure if I just didn't notice it originally or indeed, whether it's totally normal!

I've noticed when manually downshifting, there's a noticeable sound from the rear (not sure exactly where from) - it's like a short 'clunk' before the overrun and the burbles. The noise isn't present with automatic downshifting or when manually upshifting. I'm only mentioning it as I didn't notice it when I first got it, maybe just because I was too overwhelmed :)

Normal?

B

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A lot of the time when you see no responses to a post it's because the original post wasn't worded correctly, and I think that may have been the case with mine. So, let me put it another way - when upshifting, it's as smooth as silk, you hear nothing but the change in engine note. When manually downshifting though, there's a noticeable noise as you do it a fraction of a second before you hear the engine, I mentioned above it's like a 'clunk' but it's almost more like a 'whoosh' (hard to explain). Just interested in whether this is normal for downshifts? Running with the factory-fitted race exhaust. Again, you don't hear this in Auto mode when it downshifts, only in manual.

·
Registered
33 Posts
are you switching between sport and race on the steering wheel when you change to manual? In race mode (corsa) the downshift does make more noise vs. the first two modes where the cars operates in auto unless you switch it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts