Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
446 Posts
Worst parts, (both) are hideously broken up and have been scratching into the leather back there for some time on an almost 20k car.......... $140 bucks a piece for new soon-to-be broken again ones. No thanks, I guess I just won't look back there

·
Registered
768 Posts
Same here, broken. Hopefully someone chimes in on the best way to replace it.

Fontus, for what it's worth, don't fret too much, you could get that whole rear panel redone by a decent upholsterer for a couple hundred bucks or less and it's pretty easy to take off, should it ever bother you that much.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
446 Posts
Why does it break? Is it when the seats are pushed back too far? Or simply exposure to sunlight and degradation?
Mine seem brittle, exposed edges literally crumbling off..... most likely oxidation of the plastic if that is possible because the part of it that is buried in the seat is not brittle. Poor grade of plastic they used there because I'd think other parts like the cowl panel or rear view mirror would be more constantly exposed to the sun and they are fine. The handle itself (both) seem fine as well, just that cheap trim piece. I wonder if the $140x2 replacements are upgrades, or the same exact thing.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.