Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,

Really need some help here. There are SOOOO many threads about this but a lot of contradicting information. I need to change the front and rear diff fluid on a 2013 LP 570 Performante. Which is the RIGHT fluid to use in the front and rear diff? So many different people saying different things so could use the help. I want to use RED LINE as it appears to have the best feedback from everyone here in the forums. Just not sure which one for the rear and front as some are using diff ones. thanks again.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Rear diff is part of the transmission and shares fluid.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey.. thanks yeah I know. I was wondering what is the proper red line fluid to use for the lp570 for the rear and front diff fluid.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Rear diff is part of the transmission and shares fluid.
Lamborghini Manual recommends 70W75 GL4 trans and gear oil.
The closest match i have found and easy to get are:
  • Redline MT-LV (This is a 70W/75W oil. However i am not sure whether our differential is hypoid gear as this oil is not suitable for hypoid)
  • Redline D6 ATF (do not let the word ATF scare you. This is a GL4, 70W/75W oil, and is used for low viscosity manual transmission and differential)

I have used MT-LV before, all fine except when i realised the "hypoid" term surfaces after another round of search. Not wanting to take any chances since im not sure, I drained out, and currently using the D6 ATF. Shifting is silky smooth (mine is the 6MT instead of e-gear) even on cold starts.

They are also many who have tried the redline MT-90 with good results. For me personally, i would go with the viscosity that factory recommends.

And yes, you need 4 Litres of the gear oil, which equates to 1.06gal.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts