Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
2013 LP-560-4
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone kind enough to offer up some need to knows before I pick her up!
First timer!

Hello from Edmonton AB, Canada

?

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
Congratulations.....Wow that Blue is stunning! Enjoy and drive in the best of health! Unfortunately, I own Huracan so I can't provide any info but others I am sure will chime in. (y) 馃

Registered
love the color....congrats!

Registered
2013 LP-560-4
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations.....Wow that Blue is stunning! Enjoy and drive in the best of health! Unfortunately, I own Huracan so I can't provide any info but others I am sure will chime in. (y) 馃
I'm ecstatic over the blue, when I saw it I had to have it. Am I correct in think this color is rare in this Gallardo?

Premium Member
I'm ecstatic over the blue, when I saw it I had to have it. Am I correct in think this color is rare in this Gallardo?
I am new to the brand but heck it probably is rare..........never saw it before. Amazing looking! 馃殭

Premium Member

Premium Member
and i accidentally tapped on an extra picture--feel free to comment on the neon green wall in my son's renovated bathroom :)
Kermit would be quite at home..........

Registered
2013 LP-560-4
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What kind of info do you seek?

I assume you test drove it and know the basics of driving it?
I guess it鈥檚 like this, if you think backand reflect on any situation, armed with the knowledge of experience, you鈥檇 do things differently. If you own or owned one of these cars, what would you have wished you鈥檇 known?
My only experience in a bull to date was a 24hr rental of an aventador.

Registered
Most important tip is that you鈥檒l likely need to top off the oil every 2K miles, and there鈥檚 a very specific iterative technique for that, and you should use the same type/weight of oil that鈥檚 already in it.

I would imagine you already know:

1. Always drive in sport mode
2. Never reverse up an incline or hill

Premium Member
I see you're recently joined the forum so I do have one suggestion. This is a valuable forum and worth supporting. Too many members participate but don't join, and are unwilling to contribute. Here in the US we are talking about $20USD and my feeling is if you/we can afford a Lamborghini, that is, really afford a Lamborghini we can afford ~$20.......Just a suggestion.

Registered
2013 LP-560-4
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Most important tip is that you鈥檒l likely need to top off the oil every 2K miles, and there鈥檚 a very specific iterative technique for that, and you should use the same type/weight of oil that鈥檚 already in it.

I would imagine you already know:

1. Always drive in sport mode
2. Never reverse up an incline or hill
No I knew none of these things! would you elaborate?

Registered
If you use the forum search feature with some of those keywords you鈥檒l find loads of pre-existing info most quickly, but generally speaking, Gallardos do consume oil and they have a somewhat fragile clutch... so those are the 2 most important topics to study up on.

I learned a specific oil level check & fill process from a highly regarded indie mechanic, but others may have different opinions & process. The dipstick has 2 lines on it, and oil level should be maintained closer to the top line:

Begin with car at operating temp
Hold RPM at 2K for 60 sec
Let car idle for 30 sec
Turn off motor
Check oil level within 30 sec
Add 1/2 qt oil if level is low
Repeat this process until oil level is closer to the top line on the dipstick than the bottom line

Registered
2013 LP-560-4
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you use the forum search feature with some of those keywords you鈥檒l find loads of pre-existing info most quickly, but generally speaking, Gallardos do consume oil and they have a somewhat fragile clutch... so those are the 2 most important topics to study up on.

I learned a specific oil level check & fill process from a highly regarded indie mechanic, but others may have different opinions & process. The dipstick has 2 lines on it, and oil level should be maintained closer to the top line:

Begin with car at operating temp
Hold RPM at 2K for 60 sec
Let car idle for 30 sec
Turn off motor
Check oil level within 30 sec
Add 1/2 qt oil if level is low
Repeat this process until oil level is closer to the top line on the dipstick than the bottom line

Thanks,

That was huge of you to go out of your way! Appreciate it alot!

Registered
Also just remembered, depending on where you get gas, if the pump has one of those hoods that needs to be pushed back, sometimes you鈥檒l need to place the gas cap sideways next to the filler hole in order to force the hood back.

Registered
2013 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
What type of oil do you usually use? I know it says 5w-30 I think, but some recommend 40?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts