Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to buy the lowest priced Aventador I have found in the UK being sold privately. It's priced at £135k, and is 2012 with 28k miles. Was trying to avoid a 2012 and go for 2013> but this would save me £30,000 as currently the cheapest 2013 I can find is £164k from the main Lambo dealer and comes with a 12-month warranty, He said it is running fine, but the TPMS sensor fault is on and has been since he got it due to the sensors not being fitted in the apptech wheels. it's a private sale so it's not like I can go back to him if anything goes wrong. I'm tempted, other than that the cheapest 2012 I can find is from a dealer at £150k but I would not bother and just go for the 2013 at £164k

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
im sure you will get it inspected and review all service documents, and search vin for undisclosed accident history.
I mean, if this is the car for you and you can afford it, and it all check out, why not?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Of course you'll get a PPI and a clutch snap? If it's been "launched" a few times I would pass.
Also, in Australia dark colors sell for less and are harder to sell. Don't know about UK but black, grey silver, etc., are way harder to sell then say, yellow, orange, white, etc.,
Please use extreme care 30,000 pounds will add up quickly if it's the wrong car.
Sorry don't know anything about TPMS sensors (or what they do?)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Of course you'll get a PPI and a clutch snap? If it's been "launched" a few times I would pass.
Also, in Australia dark colors sell for less and are harder to sell. Don't know about UK but black, grey silver, etc., are way harder to sell then say, yellow, orange, white, etc.,
Please use extreme care 30,000 pounds will add up quickly if it's the wrong car.
Sorry don't know anything about TPMS sensors (or what they do?)
Tpms is the tire pressure system that monitors…….your tire pressure

·
Registered
870 Posts
Those sensors are sold for about 30$ each. I didn't think of buying some for my summer wheels on the truck and the pesky light blinks until I put my winter wheels on (which has sensors in them). Might be inconvenient but ask to have sensors put in each wheel, you'll know if the system works as it should.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi @dannyb777 , I've just sold my 2012 Aventador with only 10,000miles (16kms) on it. It was a great car - had it for 3.5 years - only issues, water pump (twice...) main 12V battery and the TPMS tire sensors.

The tyre/tire sensors have batteries in them which only last so many years - they normally all go flat within a few months so don't just do two... and yes you can buy aftermarket ones pretty cheaply.
I got some from the States, would have to check my records but not even 25GBP a corner from memory. If you get Audi originals from a dealer it could cost you 150GBP a corner. By the way, the car will self learn them so you don't need to go and get any special servicing done. Just go out for a drive. If you need help on them just PM me.

As has been said, get a check done, review the service records, number of owners etc and clutch wear. However, if you are saving 30,000 that will buy a fair few repairs. Any of these cars can have random and crazy problems out of nowhere. Not likely but it can happen. Body condition is really important - not cheap or easy to fix and is often a good indication of care to the mechanical side of things also. I've been watching Aventadors in the UK for ages and 135GBP is pretty good!

Let us know how you get on :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.