21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Gallardo LP550-2
8 Posts
Thanks for the post!! I am ordering the tag bulbs today!!!
Has anyone tried upgrading the tail and brake light bulbs to LED on the LP models? I have been doing some research with no luck. I assume its the same issue with resistance, the stock bulbs are .6ohms. All the LED's I have found are way lower. I really do not want to wire in resistors, but that might be the only way.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have never considered to replace tail and brake lights on my Gallardo. If I find something appropriate I will share all details about it.

Alex.

·
Registered
377 Posts
some LED bulbs have the resistors built in so as to not cause issues with CANBUS systems.

·
Registered
231 Posts
some LED bulbs have the resistors built in so as to not cause issues with CANBUS systems.
Aww, Carm Orn!
The whole point of LED's is to remove the current draw ( heat ) from the bulb.
Yes, they look better, are brighter, last longer and don't melt everything around them but why would you want to have a resistor that draws current ( heat ) again?
I know you mentioned the CANBUS issue but it seems pointless IMO.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hello,
I used those kind of LEDs
But it was too bright,so i added one resistor for each module.
And another one for the OBD issue.
Like that, with 3 resistors, no OBD issue and my LEDs licence plate doesn't looks like a rear Gear light !!
I don't remember the value but i could have a look if i have Time.

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
Aww, Carm Orn!
The whole point of LED's is to remove the current draw ( heat ) from the bulb.
Yes, they look better, are brighter, last longer and don't melt everything around them but why would you want to have a resistor that draws current ( heat ) again?
I know you mentioned the CANBUS issue but it seems pointless IMO.
To get rid of the constant warning on the dash telling you a globe is out.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts