Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update (9-29-2016): the license plate LEDs described below burned up/melted on me, so now it's back to the drawing board and giving it another shot sometime down the road. For now, I installed LED license plate bulbs that work with much less resistance (tuner dome LEDs), but still throw a light out error code. The pre and LP cars are very finicky when it comes to wiring etc. I've had absolutely no problems at all installing any license plate LEDs on my 2011 A5 daily driver

After a long (and rather frustrating) journey of trial and error, I finally found a license plate LED festoon bulb that is 100% Canbus error free. Going through several different types of LEDs, the LP Gallardo kept generating a light-out error on the instrument display. I was close to pulling the trigger on a load resistor setup when I found this error free bulb. Has enough built-in resistance to replicate an incandescent amperage. Went through 4-5 different brands and this one is the only one that finally worked. In addition I went through a few sets of license plate light housings, as removal is very difficult and also impossible without breaking the clip on the housing. Also it's my understanding that Canbus errors are not as frequent in the Pre-LP lineup.

I never have liked the dull incandescent look of stock plate lights and wanted to compliment the G. I've also added a picture of my interior LED upgrade from Tunerdomes.

The picture of the license plate led does not show its true 6000 kelvin color. It's much whiter in person.

The license plate led gets hot to the touch after a few minutes, but as you can see from the picture of the bumper and housing, the led does not come in contact with plastic or paint.

Enjoy!

ijdmtoy.com
Product SKU: 10-068

**Did some research on the forum rules and to the best of my knowledge, I am not creating a vendor conflict of interest by posting the product/company name. So moderators by all means please let me know if I am in violation of any forum rules or simply remove my post if there's a vendor conflict of interest.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Great work. Appreciate the effort you went to. I hope I might contribute something that you may find useful in the future

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, I've been searching also. Can you share which led you got for the interior dome and trunk? Does it all match?

Trunk: https://www.tunerdomes.com/194cb2-error-canceling-premium-wedge-t10-led-dome-light.html

Vanity:
https://www.tunerdomes.com/6418-36mm-festoon-led-car-lights.html

Map:
https://www.tunerdomes.com/ba9s-5-led-dome-light.html

Yes they all match at 6000 kelvin color. Very nice cool white color and so much more modern than incandescent lighting

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I see no problem with it. I think it is great to do research and provide your findings. There is a thread for pre LP cars and these were his findings. Not sure if any of these are compatible.

Here are all the LED's needed:

2qty BA9S map lights
BA9S White LED Bayonet

2qty Reverse lights 80W as pictured:
1156 80W CREE White T67 BA15S LED

2qty Reverse lights, closer to stock brightness:
1156 BA15S Pure White LED

4qty 36mm canbus festoon (2x plate 2x vanity)
CANBUS Festoon LED

4x 168 Wedge (front bonnet, door puddle lights, glove box)
T10 192 168 Color LED
http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f47/interior-led-upgrade-91714/

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Hi TTU,:wave:

nice post.:tup:

Can you advise how many of each for vanity and map you need to order for the LP

cheers,
john

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi TTU,

nice post.

Can you advise how many of each for vanity and map you need to order for the LP

cheers,
john
Sure,

Trunk x 1
Vanity x 2
Map x 2

I tried changing out the glove box light but gave up. It's almost impossible to remove the light cover. I even removed the glove box lid, but the light cover is recessed down too far.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Excellent work, TTU! :)
You are an asset to this forum community! :)
I'm assuming that this would work for all LP cars, no?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent work, TTU!

You are an asset to this forum community!

I'm assuming that this would work for all LP cars, no?
Hey thanks. Took a while to get the license plate LED light figured out.

There are not any error code issues with any interior lighting. So those can be purchased from any vendor. I chose to go with Tunerdomes because of the guy's customer service.

It's the license plate festoon LED that is tricky. The only LED that works is the one I mentioned above from IJDMTOY. I'm sure it will work on any LP car, as the wiring is likely identical. IJDMTOY is very good about product returns. Until I came across the correct LED, I totaled close to $80 in license plate LED returns/refunds!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just changed all my lights to led. Now I'm wondering how to change the Amber daytime running lights on the pre-LP headlights. Is it through the wheel well?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just changed all my lights to led. Now I'm wondering how to change the Amber daytime running lights on the pre-LP headlights. Is it through the wheel well?
Yes, I believe so. I saw a thread on this before. I'll try and find it. Didn't seem to difficult. I believe the forum member was upgrading his HID lights to a cooler color. So search "HID".

·
Registered
231 Posts
After a long (and rather frustrating) journey of trial and error, I finally found a license plate LED festoon bulb that is 100% Canbus error free. Going through several different types of LEDs, the LP Gallardo kept generating a light-out error on the instrument display. I was close to pulling the trigger on a load resistor setup when I found this error free bulb. Has enough built-in resistance to replicate an incandescent amperage. Went through 4-5 different brands and this one is the only one that finally worked. In addition I went through a few sets of license plate light housings, as removal is very difficult and also impossible without breaking the clip on the housing. Also it's my understanding that Canbus errors are not as frequent in the Pre-LP lineup.

I never have liked the dull incandescent look of stock plate lights and wanted to compliment the G. I've also added a picture of my interior LED upgrade from Tunerdomes.

The picture of the license plate led does not show its true 6000 kelvin color. It's much whiter in person.

The license plate led gets hot to the touch after a few minutes, but as you can see from the picture of the bumper and housing, the led does not come in contact with plastic or paint.

Enjoy!

ijdmtoy.com
Product SKU: 10-068

**Did some research on the forum rules and to the best of my knowledge, I am not creating a vendor conflict of interest by posting the product/company name. So moderators by all means please let me know if I am in violation of any forum rules or simply remove my post if there's a vendor conflict of interest.
If that worked for you, great.
You do realise the principals of using LED lights is to reduce the amount of heat generated by standard incandesant bulbs thereby lowering the power consumption and also keeping the surrounding fittings from melting?
By placing a resistor in the mix to trick the system into thinking nothing has changed you are therefore reintroducing heat / consumption back into the system pretty much negating the reason for doing this in the first place.
Well at least the lamps are brighter now.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If that worked for you, great.
You do realise the principals of using LED lights is to reduce the amount of heat generated by standard incandesant bulbs thereby lowering the power consumption and also keeping the surrounding fittings from melting?
By placing a resistor in the mix to trick the system into thinking nothing has changed you are therefore reintroducing heat / consumption back into the system pretty much negating the reason for doing this in the first place.
Well at least the lamps are brighter now.

-----------

Correct I agree and completely understand. But my only reason for doing this is for aesthetics, nothing else.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are the Reverse Lights monitored by the Canbus? Do you get any errors on these when swtiching to LEDs?

Also I have a 2010 LP560---Does it use the 1156 bulb Still?

Thanks in advance
Mike

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are the Reverse Lights monitored by the Canbus? Do you get any errors on these when swtiching to LEDs?

Also I have a 2010 LP560---Does it use the 1156 bulb Still?

Thanks in advance
Mike
Hey Mike, I’m honestly not sure about the reverse lights. I didn’t swap those out, but was tempted to give it a go. It just seemed a bit cumbersome to get to. I’ve had a reverse light go out on my Tundra truck and no Canbus error occurred. So my suspicion is that they don’t fall into the “unsafe” category. I know a handful of people on the forums have done the swap. The guy from Tuner Domes (that’s his web page) is fairly knowledgeable on this, so might want to call him. Also, I would think on the LP 560 like my LP 570, that you won’t get an error because these cars don’t have the other safety features that newer cars have. Two good examples of this are (1) The front day running led lights don’t go off on respective side when signal light is turned on and (2) You can view your backup camera at any speed when driving forward. Those are two big NO NO’s in most newer cars these days lol.

·
Vendor
2,399 Posts
My license plate lights are LED and def how they should have come from the factory. I can't believe the LP is using regular bulbs for the plate still?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My license plate lights are LED and def how they should have come from the factory. I can't believe the LP is using regular bulbs for the plate still?
Front what I understand, license plate lights are LED starting w the Huracan; but all Pre-LP’s and LP’s from 09-13 are all incandescent lights. Incandescent lights are such a sore sight in my opinion.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking for a error free led license plate bulbs...This part number no longer exists. I too have been through many error free bulbs... Anyone found one that works?

·
Vendor
2,399 Posts
I have them in mine but forget what I put in and don't really feel like taking it apart to look at the bulbs :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts