Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching prices on SLs and if my eyes aren't playing tricks on me, it seems as though the pricing is through the roof. I have seen 2011ish vintage LP 570-4s under 20k miles listed for over 200k.
Has anyone else seen this? If so, are the cars selling for near that price? Would you consider paying that much for one?
If this is true, is the surge due to the current market or is it because the GAS cars are going away in the future?
Any ideas

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,024 Posts
IMO, it's a mixture of everything. High demand, low inventory. Autotrader only has 3 pre-LP SL's and 4 LP SL's for sale. When supply runs thin the prices will go up. The end of the V10 so people are grabbing any V10 they can get their hands on. Cars these days are so easy to drive. Some want that raw feeling so SL. Kind of the same reason manuals are so popular!!! I'm happy the market for SL's are finally going up. I truly love my SL. I could have had other Lambos but I specifically wanted an SL and a pre-lp SL at that!

Reactions: mark2 and Luzifer

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,712 Posts
People are projecting this demand/supply imbalance will extend into 2023 but I am confident this crazed market will not last forever, and that applies to the housing market as well. It is true, the end of the NA engine is factor but I think in the end most people want the latest and the greatest so, for me at least, it's hard to gauge the long term impact of said engines demise.
At very least the market insanity, and supply chain shortages will likely extend into 2023...............

Reactions: Luzifer

·
Registered
510 Posts
Ya the numbers seems wild. I'm thinking I'm selling my 2013 11k mile grigio estoque 570-4 when the sto comes..should be interesting to see where things land with it..will be bittersweet

·
Registered
309 Posts
IMO, it's a mixture of everything. High demand, low inventory. Autotrader only has 3 pre-LP SL's and 4 LP SL's for sale. When supply runs thin the prices will go up. The end of the V10 so people are grabbing any V10 they can get their hands on. Cars these days are so easy to drive. Some want that raw feeling so SL. Kind of the same reason manuals are so popular!!! I'm happy the market for SL's are finally going up. I truly love my SL. I could have had other Lambos but I specifically wanted an SL and a pre-lp SL at that!
with your money you can have 3 SLs. :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think it's a factor of every new listing "one-upping" the prior one in pricing. I've been watching the market very closely as a potential buyer over the past year. Looking at actual sales for LP's (recent only - past two months), only two have sold to my knowledge and both were ~$180k (one with 6k miles and the other with 16k miles). Not to say that someone will not pay top dollar, but I think it's important to note that an asking price is just that. Pre-LP SL's seem to be in the upper $140s for normal mileage and the historic premium for LP SL's would put it right in line with the $180k price point.

EDIT: The yellow 16k mile one that I thought had sold was simply bought by another dealer after sitting for 4 months and is listed for sale once again.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
It’s EVERY used car not just Lambo‘s so don’t get too excited. Go price a replacement anything new or used and you’ll be shocked. Yes you can make a nice profit selling just about anything now as long as you don’t need to buy a replacement.

·
Registered
Lambo
120 Posts
It’s EVERY used car not just Lambo‘s so don’t get too excited. Go price a replacement anything new or used and you’ll be shocked. Yes you can make a nice profit selling just about anything now as long as you don’t need to buy a replacement.
This is it, 100% agree. Whether its a Toyota Corrola or a SL, everything is priced higher.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,712 Posts
^^Interesting article and that comports with everything I have read to date, that is, 2022 is going to be another year of insanely high prices for preowned cars. One interesting sentence I read was....
"Not to mention, transportation and shipping issues and delays at ports, he suggests, “are the biggest weak spot at this point.”
On that front, some actions have been taken of late, including President Joe Biden’s deal to open the Port of Los Angeles 24/7 in an effort to alleviate backlogs."

Though, it doesn't help me my port is Baltimore.

·
Registered
436 Posts
i am considering sending my '12 Performante to Mecum in Harrisburg, PA in July. Has anyone had any experience at one of these auctions? The prices I see stuff selling for is usually way more than I expect...of course, I'm sure that will change as soon as my car rolls through there LOL

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
i am considering sending my '12 Performante to Mecum in Harrisburg, PA in July. Has anyone had any experience at one of these auctions? The prices I see stuff selling for is usually way more than I expect...of course, I'm sure that will change as soon as my car rolls through there LOL
You’ll have to pay a listing fee and a sellers fee

·
Registered
436 Posts
indeed...i checked out the fee structure on their website. Steep, for sure...especially if you go with a reserve (10% fee) vs no reserve (6%). At least thats what I believe I saw when I took a quick look months ago.

·
Registered
Liberty Walk Aventador Roadster, LP Gallardo Perf (Sold), 04 Gated Gallardo (Sold)
84 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old, but I think prices for these cars are super ambitious on the market. I just won a Performante on BAT for 158k while the cheapest on the market is 190k. The one I bought also went for 157k 2 months ago, but the deal fell through. Clearly, buyers' sentiments are that these are not worth in the neighborhood of 200k.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old, but I think prices for these cars are super ambitious on the market. I just won a Performante on BAT for 158k while the cheapest on the market is 190k. The one I bought also went for 157k 2 months ago, but the deal fell through. Clearly, buyers' sentiments are that these are not worth in the neighborhood of 200k.
i dont think BAT is a good spot for lamborghini sellers.Doesnt seem to do the car justice.You got a great deal however theres a limted market of those that want convertibles compared to coupes as are modified to stock cars. I dont know that anyone is paying 200k for a 570-SL coupe but they arent far from it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts