Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Lamborghini LP560-4
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So I have already done the back end of the exhaust on my LP560, but am wanting to do full de-catted straight pipe. I have been watching videos of Super Cars of London and he mentioned that the engine HAS to come out to remove the cats. Is this true?

My guy will do the install said he can do everything without the engine removal... Just getting confused.

Also, does anyone have any experience on ECU tunes if program pops and backfires will damage the engine?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
It is possible to gut the cats WITH the engine in the car. Would require a LOT of pre-caution. You would fully dis-assemble the back end, slowly chip away at the cat material in the header while vacuuming it out. The risk is if you are chipping away and some of that cat material gets blown into the engine, you will have an major issue. That is why they say, pull the engine, remove headers, gut cats, re-install.
At the end of the day, why do you want to remove the cats? Noise, Performance, Fireballs? For this reason, i bought a Pre-LP... it does all the same. LOL

Reactions: Ryan Marais 95

·
Registered
2010 Lamborghini LP560-4
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is possible to gut the cats WITH the engine in the car. Would require a LOT of pre-caution. You would fully dis-assemble the back end, slowly chip away at the cat material in the header while vacuuming it out. The risk is if you are chipping away and some of that cat material gets blown into the engine, you will have an major issue. That is why they say, pull the engine, remove headers, gut cats, re-install.
At the end of the day, why do you want to remove the cats? Noise, Performance, Fireballs? For this reason, i bought a Pre-LP... it does all the same. LOL
I see... Sounds like more potential damage... Yeah I want explosions hey haha, I love the sound of an insane Lambo and mine is close but not there yet... And agree, I was looking at the pre LP superlegerra, but got put off because I heard of pre lp reliability issues...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hey guys,
So I have already done the back end of the exhaust on my LP560, but am wanting to do full de-catted straight pipe. I have been watching videos of Super Cars of London and he mentioned that the engine HAS to come out to remove the cats. Is this true?

My guy will do the install said he can do everything without the engine removal... Just getting confused.

Also, does anyone have any experience on ECU tunes if program pops and backfires will damage the engine?

Thanks guys!
Wish you the best on that one, your ride will be undriveable, it will be so loud its painful to drive and driving at a constant speed with give you an instant headache, before changing it over to all straight pipes I highly suggest you drive one that was done. You make that change do not plan on taking the wife or gf in it they will hate it. I have kline innovation on mine which only removes the rear cats very driveable no droning, amazing high pitched sound when on it very close to an AV throttle hit and oh yes fantastic flames

·
Registered
2010 Lamborghini LP560-4
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wish you the best on that one, your ride will be undriveable, it will be so loud its painful to drive and driving at a constant speed with give you an instant headache, before changing it over to all straight pipes I highly suggest you drive one that was done. You make that change do not plan on taking the wife or gf in it they will hate it. I have kline innovation on mine which only removes the rear cats very driveable no droning, amazing high pitched sound when on it very close to an AV throttle hit and oh yes fantastic flames
Haha fair enough, I drive my car once a week maybe and enjoy the unpleasantness of loud exhausts :p but agreed, I will find one with a straight pipe to try out first. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Haha fair enough, I drive my car once a week maybe and enjoy the unpleasantness of loud exhausts :p but agreed, I will find one with a straight pipe to try out first. Thanks for the advice!
You may enjoy it I can assure you your wife/gf will not. Mine drives my car almost as much as I do to a lot car functions (we have a semi regular meet up and "ladies" cruise where we are driven by wives/GF-always highly entertaining and a bit scary at times, some are great drivers and some not lol) Mine always asked why do your friends spend so much money to drive expensive cars with broken exhaust! If it shoots flames they get a pass

1 - 12 of 12 Posts