Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to purchase my first Lambo tomorrow, but an issue came up where the car has 19" wheels on the front and 20" on the rear. After consulting with several mechanics, I'm told that I'm asking for issues if I don't run all 19". So, I'm in the market for a set of 4, 19" wheels if anyone has anything to sell or can point me in the best direction of where to go. Thanks for your help and looking forward to this forum!

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
136 Posts
Wheel size doesn’t matter, what is the overall diameter of the tires and how do they match to stock? If that is significantly different then you have a problem, but otherwise the actual wheel size isn’t a factor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheel size doesn’t matter, what is the overall diameter of the tires and how do they match to stock? If that is significantly different then you have a problem, but otherwise the actual wheel size isn’t a factor.
I know they are all 4 are P-zeros and the fronts are 235 35 ZR 19 (91Y) and the rear 305 25 ZR 20 (97Y). Not sure how they compare to stock?

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
136 Posts
That’s the same size front and then there is no change in diameter foe the rear. So you are good to go.

·
Registered
2004 Yellow Lamborghini Gallrado
61 Posts
Im a little confused...what’s the recommended factory size? The front on this car are 235 35 19.
Rim size does not matter as long as the tire circumference ratio is the same as stock.
Stock is
235/35R19 = 25.5"x9.3"
295/30R19 = 26"x11.6"

You have
235/35R19 = 25.5"x9.3"
305/25R20 = 26"x12"

So it is the same circumference as stock, just a little wider on the rear tire but that is fine.

Congrats! by the way and welcome.(y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rim size does not matter as long as the tire circumference ratio is the same as stock.
Stock is
235/35R19 = 25.5"x9.3"
295/30R19 = 26"x11.6"

You have
235/35R19 = 25.5"x9.3"
305/25R20 = 26"x12"

So it is the same circumference as stock, just a little wider on the rear tire but that is fine.

Stock is
235/35R19 = 25.5"x9.3"
295/30R19 = 26"x11.6"

You have
235/35R19 = 25.5"x9.3"
305/25R20 = 26"x12"

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help!
Thanks for your help!
Thanks for your help!
Hi Dellambo
Stock is
235/35R19 = 25.5"x9.3"
295/30R19 = 26"x11.6"

You have
235/35R19 = 25.5"x9.3"
305/25R20 = 26"x12"

Hi Dellambo,
I've got another question on my wheel situation. I'm now in possession of the car and when I measure the height of the 19" in came to 25". On the rear that has the 20" it came to 25 5/8". So I basically have a 5/8" difference. Any thoughts or suggestions on my situation?

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
563 Posts
Notice stock has 1/2" difference front to back. You just measured 5/8" so you're talking a 1/8" difference (.125 of an inch) which is almost negligible and may not even be accurate to the measuring device/method you are using. Even tire pressure could affect that if not the same exactly. Tread wear is measured in 16ths so there's another thing to consider.
If that was my cars' situation I wouldn't be worried about it. There are several sports cars out there that come straight from the factory with staggered setups like that such as the Alfa Romeo 4C, which has 18" front and 19" rear. Ferrari does it, I won't expand any further, you get the idea. On this car that's actually a good idea. I have 20" front and back, but I do get a rub on tight turns in the front at the rear of the wheel well of all places even with a 30 series tire....... 19" up front may be a better way to go❗

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Notice stock has 1/2" difference front to back. You just measured 5/8" so you're talking a 1/8" difference (.125 of an inch) which is almost negligible and may not even be accurate to the measuring device/method you are using. Even tire pressure could affect that if not the same exactly. Tread wear is measured in 16ths so there's another thing to consider.
If that was my cars' situation I wouldn't be worried about it. There are several sports cars out there that come straight from the factory with staggered setups like that such as the Alfa Romeo 4C, which has 18" front and 19" rear. Ferrari does it, I won't expand any further, you get the idea. On this car that's actually a good idea. I have 20" front and back, but I do get a rub on tight turns in the front at the rear of the wheel well of all places even with a 30 series tire....... 19" up front may be a better way to go❗
Thanks for the comments FontusBluG! Being my first Lambo it's amazing how many different opinions I've been getting from other owners and mechanics on this topic. Just trying to avoid doing what is obvious to others to change, but your comments make sense and maybe I'll stop worrying about this topic already ;)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Sure, if you don't like the style or the stance, change them. If you like them it's not an issue. Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has them, but that is Normal.... and why car shows are a beautiful thing and tool for ideas......What triggered me to respond is I almost bought a 19-20 setup that were black w/ a polished lip but already have that combo on another car so I went with this other 'all polished' set I found. It's not uncommon, here are but just two examples:
Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Car

Maybe sacrilegious to post this picture, but my 'opinion' is it's still a beauty, amplified by the 20-21" staggered setup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sure, if you don't like the style or the stance, change them. If you like them it's not an issue. Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has them, but that is Normal.... and why car shows are a beautiful thing and tool for ideas......What triggered me to respond is I almost bought a 19-20 setup that were black w/ a polished lip but already have that combo on another car so I went with this other 'all polished' set I found. It's not uncommon, here are but just two examples:
Yes I'm definitely learning about everyone's opinions! I really like the current wheels and I don't see myself being super aggressive driving so am hoping to keep them as is!!

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
❗ NICE. I actually think the staggered setup are fitting for exotics, you can't rotate the damn things anyway, so why not ?? I just finished a Swift Spring install on my car this past Monday and NOW I'm happy with the stance. Still have to bleed the lift system this weekend, the front is looking a little lower than it should even though it drove fine......... that next ??❗

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
❗ NICE. I actually think the staggered setup are fitting for exotics, you can't rotate the damn things anyway, so why not ?? I just finished a Swift Spring install on my car this past Monday and NOW I'm happy with the stance. Still have to bleed the lift system this weekend, the front is looking a little lower than it should even though it drove fine......... that next ??❗
Yes, these machines take more time then my kid these days! Since I'm not mechanic whatsoever, my next to do is the PPF and Ceramic coating. Hopefully that's it for the rest of the year! Now just need to find a hot date..lol

·
Registered
563 Posts
Haha, yes, definitely do the PPF and Ceramic or Graphene. Just see which one your PPF installer recommends.

·
Registered
LP 550-2 Spyder | FI Titanium exhaust | Swift Sport Springs | Fabspeed ECU Tune
78 Posts
Yes I'm definitely learning about everyone's opinions! I really like the current wheels and I don't see myself being super aggressive driving so am hoping to keep them as is!!
Was this car at iLusso? Beautiful color, rarely see Blu Le Mans on a Gallardo.

·
Registered
2004 Yellow Lamborghini Gallrado
61 Posts
Sorry to get back to you so late, but Fontus answered it for you, the size difference is minimal. You should be all good to go. Awesome looking ride too, Congrats!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.