Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is unfortunate...

WESTMORELAND COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — State Police responded to a rollover crash on the Pennsylvania Turnpike that saw a $200k Lamborghini get ejected through the front of an enclosed trailer.

The crash happened just before 6 p.m. on July 24 when a New Stanton, Pa. man was driving his Chevy Silverado eastbound on the Turnpike. He was also towing a 2021 Lamborghini Huracan EVO, valued at $208k according to Cars.com, in a 28-foot enclosed trailer.

At around mile marker 76.4, the driver got up to speed and due to, what police report as, improper loading, the trailer started to swerve back and forth while negotiating a left curve. The driver then lost control of the truck and trailer.

The driver reportedly swerved into the left lane and then back into the right lane before impacting the guide rail. The Silverado rolled over two and a half times causing the Lamborghini to be ejected through the front of the enclosed trailer only to land on the ground next to the truck.

State Police out of New Stanton reports that the driver suffered only minor injuries and was not taken to any medical facility.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
By chance was it a Blu Cepheus? Even a EVO RWD (base) will still be quite a bit north of $208K. Man that is a bad day, hope the driver is okay.

·
Registered
536 Posts
This happened local to me. Driver only suffered minor injuries. Bad day for sure.

Local paper had a pic of a friend of mines car from a show at the top of the article. His phone blew up that day. It WAS NOT his car involved in the accident.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
This happened local to me. Driver only suffered minor injuries. Bad day for sure.
Good to hear. Are there any actual accident scene pictures? Just curious.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Local paper had a pic of a friend of mines car from a show at the top of the article. His phone blew up that day. It WAS NOT his car involved in the accident.
Thank you for the insight! Glad to hear the driver wasn't injured. Bad day for sure!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Good to hear. Are there any actual accident scene pictures? Just curious.
There were no accident scene pictures in the article. The driver of the truck was the owner of the car. It was not properly tied down which caused the trailer to swerve and the driver to lose control.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
There were no accident scene pictures in the article. The driver of the truck was the owner of the car. It was not properly tied down which caused the trailer to swerve and the driver to lose control.
Not a good transport outcome but better mangled cars than bodies. Alas, the driver and prospective owner will have to live to fight another day.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The driver was the owner. Brand new car with temp tags. To add insult to minor injury he apparently owns a shipping and freight trucking company.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
The driver was the owner. Brand new car with temp tags. To add insult to minor injury he apparently owns a shipping and freight trucking company.
Ouch! Well, at least he didn't have to make the dreaded call.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
I wish I could get a msrp of 208k I would buy 2 right now haha
The base price for the 2022 EVO RWD is still "only" $209,409 but rarely do people stop there, and often go on to pile on the options.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts