Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 superleggera, 2009 C63 , Superformance Cobra , evo 6:5 Tommi Mak , 1976 LX SS torana
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got this car a few weeks back and are doing a few little things to personalize it , i got a ripping deal on it <$$K of list as the PPI revealed some expensive fixes from there perspective .

1. e-gear pump quoted $9200 fitted
2. oil pump (as the shaft had some worn teeth $9600 fitted)
3. coolant hose , some little misc pieces circa $2000 (just wear and tear)

I got a new E-gear pump for $1100 (oem)
I got the oil pump rebuilt $1500 (met a very smart man, that works on the GT3 race cars in south Australia (reiter engineering)

so it really helps to make friends in the car scene and do some online digging, as you can save a ton of money on these cars by avoiding dealer parts tax!
I am excited to see the development of a floor mounted sequential shift for our e-gear cars which will feature a clutch pedal for launching !!! and new drop gears to speed up car acceleration as i don't need to go 300 klph , having said that guys with TT's can always go the other way in ratio for more speed . 2022 development goal.

i bought some AP racing brake discs (front 380 mm and rear) from the guys at Apex Performance
titanium wheel bolts from Acerracing
exhaust from Fluid motor union
all the yanks made it super easy to deal with and easy transactions!

from here thinking of the RWD conversion and a lightweight battery

loving the forum keep up the great work everyone!

john

·
Vendor
203 Posts
I can help on the drop gears and lightweight battery. We have full-on transmission builds, entire gear sets, everything you could possibly want. The battery will save you an additional 43 pounds for the 60Ah version vs. the original equipment battery.

I also have next gen carbon ceramic rotors for your SL, no need to swap calipers, if you get tired of the heavy iron discs. Mine weigh 13 pounds for the front and 9 for the rear (6.8Kg F, 4.08Kg R). They're 380mm up front as well and are a direct bolt-on.

We need pics!

·
Registered
2008 superleggera, 2009 C63 , Superformance Cobra , evo 6:5 Tommi Mak , 1976 LX SS torana
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys , we will be using Holinger engineering here for the gears (supporting local businesses) and this will be part of a drive in drive away kit , the kit comes with (a clutch pedal!!! for egear cars, a floor mounted stick shift and re programming for the E-gear module) boom.... gonna be epic

john

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am in Melbourne and have some 2008 Reiter parts. Let me know if you are looking for anything else.
Thanks very much Francis , Matt Clark will do my tranny next year ( unless you are selling one ) , the only thing I think I am looking for is a set of headers and a nice air box . If you have that please let me know.
john

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Jonnie I can't help you with those. If you want to save weight I have the first production carbon fibre engine cover.

sounds fab man , i have a superleggera so its pretty light being poly c . and externally i want to keep it visually stock , otherwise i'd be all over that if i had a regular G

1 - 13 of 13 Posts