Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Hoping for a little insight. While looking for a replacement motor for a locked up 04 model. I found an ‘08 motor and everything appears to be the same however, it looks like the cam adjusters are different on the 08 vs the 04. Kind of worried about timing codes if I swap it as is. Motor was run out of oil so I hate to use the old one if the new one is good and has only 23k on the clock. Anyone have any insight on this? Is it an updated adjuster? Dealer was kind enough to give me parts lists but wouldn’t elaborate on whether they think it would work or not. Can’t blame them as I’m sure they want the car there and it was the Parts dept, not a tech.

So, the parts list I received from the dealer by VIN for both donor vehicle and current vehicle the 2008 shows part number as
07L109084C CAMSHAFT ADJUSTER UNIT (OUTLET) .

And the 2004 shows part as
06E109084D CAMSHAFT ADJUSTER UNIT (OUTLET)

Cams are the same part number both 04 and 08....

Any heads up would be amazing.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey guys. Hoping for a little insight. While looking for a replacement motor for a locked up 04 model. I found an ‘08 motor and everything appears to be the same however, it looks like the cam adjusters are different on the 08 vs the 04. Kind of worried about timing codes if I swap it as is. Motor was run out of oil so I hate to use the old one if the new one is good and has only 23k on the clock. Anyone have any insight on this? Is it an updated adjuster? Dealer was kind enough to give me parts lists but wouldn’t elaborate on whether they think it would work or not. Can’t blame them as I’m sure they want the car there and it was the Parts dept, not a tech.

So, the parts list I received from the dealer by VIN for both donor vehicle and current vehicle the 2008 shows part number as
07L109084C CAMSHAFT ADJUSTER UNIT (OUTLET) .

And the 2004 shows part as
06E109084D CAMSHAFT ADJUSTER UNIT (OUTLET)

Cams are the same part number both 04 and 08....

Any heads up would be amazing.
I feel your pain.
This is probably the wrong place to ask a question of this high a technical involvement.
But I suggest you look up the sponsors on here and see if any of them can help or put you on the right path.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts