1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Lamborghini Superleggera
With Factory Nav

anyway to connect my iPhone to the headunit so I can listen to music thru my phone?

I have seen some SL’s come with a connection plug in the glovebox. Mine however does not have that. Trying to avoid replacing the entire headunit.

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
The real music is behind you after turning the radio off.

I have a 2008 as well and no way to do this easily without replacing the radio.

You do have memory card slots and this will be the EASIEST way for you. Made this gif to show you where they are located. Hit eject:

Grab some of these.

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
In theory, given the stereo is an Audi part and Audi's of the late 2000's supported iPod's in the glove box via a cable, there may be an unused connector on the stereo that could be wired up with the 30-pin iPod connecting wire you'd use for an Audi of that era. However, you'd also need an iPod to bluetooth adapter, such as this one Bluetooth Adapter for 30 Pin iPod Cable for Music in Audi Cars CoolStream CarPro 851143004079 | eBay

That's a lot of work pulling the stereo out of the dash to see if this is all possible versus buying some 4gig SD cards (max size it likes) and putting mp3's on them. :)

·
Registered
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The real music is behind you after turning the radio off.

I have a 2008 as well and no way to do this easily without replacing the radio.

You do have memory card slots and this will be the EASIEST way for you. Made this gif to show you where they are located. Hit eject:

Grab some of these.

You can save music to the sd card and it will play it??

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
You can save music to the sd card and it will play it??
Yep, see my little video above. The card slots are right behind the motorized lcd screen. I'm still checking on another option to see if I can make blutooth happen with the factory radio somehow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My 2006 had a flyer with the manual that has info on a Dension Gateway 100 / 300 / 500. Apparently or at least I believe previous owner some time installed a unit that connected to the factory OEM head unit...as I have an old style iPod connector in the glovebox. And sure enough with a iPod to modern apple lightning connector I can play audio from my phone directly to the radio. It comes thru the CD/SD section. I have a CD changer up front...haven't tried it. and I have no idea where they mounted this unit if it exists. But you may want to websearch for it...

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
Yep, see my little video above. The card slots are right behind the motorized lcd screen. I'm still checking on another option to see if I can make blutooth happen with the factory radio somehow.
Ok, I'm a dealer for Naviks and called my tech there to go over this and figure out what I can offer.

Can do an external joystick to control CarPlay, etc, but your screen has to be sent in to add video interface then Iphone will do CarPlay, etc.

It might be just easier to put brand new radio with CarPlay to use touch function on it, then you don't have to send anything in. If that's an option, let me know.

This kit is mainly for rear & front cameras.

1. You have to make sure vehicle has OEM 3.5mm AUX audio input.

2. 2007 - 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo RNS-E Video Interface (Piano Black Finish ONLY) (Must Send Screen)

2009 - 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo RNS-E Video Interface (Piano Black Finish ONLY) (Must Send Screen)

Universal Apple CarPlay (Wired & Wireless) + Android Auto (Wired Only) + USB Media Player (Vehicle Specific Video Interface Required / Compatible with any video device with video inputs)

Again, I'm a dealer for Naviks and will be less on price, just contact me. Or just stick to memory cards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts