Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Thinking about purchasing a 2008 Gallardo Spyder 22k Miles wanted to see if this year is solid and what to look for etc ? MORE INFO THE BETTER! THANK YOU so much if purchased on end i will post pictures for ya !! :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nice cars! Selling my 07 w/ 15k right now. LOVE the cars. I am not sure there were any significant changes through the spyder years. I have heard the 08 is more finicky at throwing error codes, but these cars do that especially with modded exhaust.

Absolutely the most fun car I ever had. Loved the experience.

If you have not made 100% your mind up. Check this out. Car is spotless. LOC exhaust (orig included). Nice spec. Carbon interior, and very nice aftermarket audio installed.

Either way, good luck in any direction you go. You will love the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice cars! Selling my 07 w/ 15k right now. LOVE the cars. I am not sure there were any significant changes through the spyder years. I have heard the 08 is more finicky at throwing error codes, but these cars do that especially with modded exhaust.

If you have not made 100% your mind up. Check this out. Car is spotless. LOC exhaust (orig included). Nice spec. Carbon interior, and very nice aftermarket audio installed.

Grear i Appreciate the info. Awesome car but the one i am looking at is a 2008 spyder with 20k Miles for $92k

·
Registered
319 Posts
Grear i Appreciate the info. Awesome car but the one i am looking at is a 2008 spyder with 20k Miles for $92k

Sounds awesome. You will love the car. A few MUST haves. Put a LOC exhaust on car before you even take it home. And put a sprint booster on it.

One last thing. Make sure whatever car you buy has a back-up cam. Rear visibility sucks. Back up cam was on my "must have' list.

Other than that, enjoy the car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds awesome. You will love the car. A few MUST haves. Put a LOC exhaust on car before you even take it home. And put a sprint booster on it.

One last thing. Make sure whatever car you buy has a back-up cam. Rear visibility sucks. Back up cam was on my "must have' list.

Other than that, enjoy the car!
Great! It has some kind of exhaust now will know all details tomorrow not sure what kind yet. They told me it has a check engine light due to the exhaust. Anything i can do to keep the exhaust and clear the check engine light? Otherwise it won't even pass emissions with the light ON. Thank You !!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Many aftermarket exhaust throw codes on the Gallardo. They say the 2008 ECU is even more sensitive to them.

The LOC exhaust is known to run the best without throwing codes or as many of them. It retains the valve as does the stock. but by far the LOC sounds the best and brings out the high pitches. There are cheaper exhausts out there but none that sound is nice.

As for the check engine light You definitely want to make sure there are not other issues besides the exhaust causing it. It can be ignition-related as well.

I wouldn't purchase a car with an active code or you might be getting into a can of worms that you're not aware of.

The code to clear itself out if there are no underlying issues needs to run a certain amount of time without triggering the error code. I can't remember if it's mileage or cycle related.

But again I would not buy the car with an active code unless you want to roll the dice.

Good luck. One bit of advice people often give when searching for these cars is paying or pay later. What appears to be the best deal on the front end may not prove to be the case in the long run.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I appreciate all the info. You wouldnt consider an offer on your of $92k to meet the price of this 2008 Gallardo that i am looking at would you ? Saw the car today it was great. They said CEL is cuz of exhaust and they offering to put back OEM exhaust on it to Clear the CEL alao i can take it to any Lambo shop to get a full inspection done on the car pre-purchase :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Good deal. I think it is good advice to definitely not buy something we're just taking a dealer's word for the reason behind a check engine light. Definitely worth looking into for sure.

I'm sorry I can't consider an offer that low. There are three other cars same color similar spec similar miles for sale Nationwide. Average price 110.

it is probably The cleanest galatdo I've ever seen. The dealer selling it took it to eurofed and had a full pre-purchase inspection done on the car for any potential buyer to reference. Eurofed is one of the best independent exotic outfits in Charlotte. The dealer consigning it has a very high reputation and would not even consider selling a car with error lights on.

I would be suspect of anyone selling a highline car with error codes. Normally dealers in this range depend on their reputation for everything with cars like this. I'm surprised they would want to sell a car with current error codes and that might be a red flag for me if I were purchasing.

In the end go with the car you feel you would enjoy the most. There's no wrong answer. it is just my advice to make sure you're not buying the car with current issues that someone is explaining away.

By the best car you can on the front end and enjoy it.

Good luck!.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts