Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

The blower seems not to be working in my 2008 gallardo sl. Before I replace the whole blower, anything else I should look for? Fuses seem fine under passenger side (used tester light on all since I don't have a diagram)

Compressor is engaging and condenser fan is engaging.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
Any thread with pics or directions on where exactly the blower is located?
I recently changed the alternator because it died on me at the same time the blower gave in. I hope they are not related.
Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you check the fuses under passenger side dash and the ones behind the passenger seat. The ones behind the pass seat are mainly for engine stuff where as the ones under the dash are for body stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought this car used I am the second owner. Sadly there was not a manual in sight in the car.

I checked the ones on the passenger side dash, not seat. They all where working.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought this car used I am the second owner. Sadly there was not a manual in sight in the car.

I checked the ones on the passenger side dash, not seat. They all where working.
I think you can get a owners manual from ebay or maybe check the forums in the for sale section. Buying from the dealer is a last option cause it could be expensive but it has a lot of great info. I worked on Audi for a long time and worked on a few Lambos and there was info that is not available without manual or searching on forum like the... do not wash a hot car with a glass engine cover kind of stuff. Do not lose your gas cap or it will cost you 750 bucks. Do not over rev it in Corsa mode. You get my drift lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is in the front of the car im pretty sure right in the center above the battery. It is inside the big box. You should be able to find the two big wires going to it. Still looking for the blower motor controller.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! I will check on it now. Took me awhile to reply since I downshifted the other day and blew a hydraulic hose of the e-gear actuator (seems it was ripping though the fitting because of the angle and motor shake)
Took the fittings and had a new one made so egear is fine now ($40 fix)
Seems like things usually break on gallardos haha.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I checked both plugs. One had 3 wires and one of the wires had 12v. The other plug had various wires and it seems to be related to speeds ~5v on some pins.
Dead blower?

EDIT: I did not check the intake box plug, I believe thats after those 2 big plugs. Maybe thats whats faulty?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Damn and I believe there is no way to remove that module without removing the plastic where the wipers are (#16)....which for some reason is actually glued on the topside.

If I unglue it, do you know what glue I need to use when I mount it back?

·
Registered
45 Posts
There is a certain way it comes out. It is not glued in. I see where you posted something but when I go to the forum it is not there. This is going to take either a scan tool or someone with some diagnostic tools or some specific know how I would not try and rip it apart. There might be a local shop and not a dealer that can help you out at a lower cost. The blower motor and the control unit is buried deep inside and needs special care to extract it. Im in Northern Ohio unless your nearby I cant really help. Its going to be a hands on kind of thing. Good luck and hope I was able to help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm in Puerto Rico.
Not even the Lamborghini dealer (one and only in Puerto Rico) knows how to deal with Gallardos haha.
I know this because I went there to buy Tutella CS Speed when I fixed a pressure hose in the egear and they had no idea what that was (I ended up filling the egear with Pentosin green can)
They only know Huracans and Aventadors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Know where I could buy a diagnostic cable/software for this lambo?
I know my way around HP Tuners and ECUFlash so it shouldn't be difficult using the LARA-AS. Just don't know where to get it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try driving it around and if you hit a bump it might start working again. Sometimes the blower motor has a bad spot in it. Only other thing I can suggest. I looked through my manuals and there isnt much info about the air box. I have one more section to look at but it just says maintenance. There is just not a lot of info out there. Or buy a airbox from ebay then you will see how it comes apart and you will have parts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.