Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with my 07 murcielago key fobs that i wanted to run by you. both of my key fobs behave the same way. When pressing the lock button on the key fobs i hear 5 beeps and the red light flashes above the interior dome lights but the doors don't lock. When i hit the unlock button on the fobs, nothing happens. I am able to use the key to manually lock and unlock the drivers side door from the outside. Additionally, the interior lock/unlock switch on the door panel works to lock and unlock both doors. I can't figure out whats wrong and would appreciate any help you have in fixing this problem.

·
Registered
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster & 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe
294 Posts
i had same problem. i finally fixed by replacing the door lock actuator. i pulled the actuator out and it was rusted. looks like common problem. its a easy fix but you will have to find out if driver or passenger door actuator is bad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it’s a single actuator issue, would the other door respond to the fob?

Does this actuator only activate with the fob or does it also activate with the interior door lock switch located on the door panel?

·
Registered
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster & 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe
294 Posts
One way to check is to use interior switch. Lock door. If you hear doors try to lock then unlock then it’s likely actuator. If you are
Able to lock them actuator should be ok

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I’m thinking it’s not the actuator because the passenger side locks and und unlocks with the interior switch but the fob doesn’t trigger it. For the drivers side door the interior switch doesn’t do anything for the drivers side door, just works on the passenger side door and again, the fob doesn’t do anything for that door either. I was reading the Med unit manual and the 5 beep tones that the fob lock button triggers corresponds to alarm programming off. This mode is used for when the car is not being used and the alarm is not needed, so as to not trigger it inadvertently in the shop or personal garage. I think I’m doing to keep this inactive because the car roof is always off and locking or alarming the car is meaningless with an open roof. The immobilized is still active so that should be enough

·
Registered
78 Posts
So I’m thinking it’s not the actuator because the passenger side locks and und unlocks with the interior switch but the fob doesn’t trigger it. For the drivers side door the interior switch doesn’t do anything for the drivers side door, just works on the passenger side door and again, the fob doesn’t do anything for that door either. I was reading the Med unit manual and the 5 beep tones that the fob lock button triggers corresponds to alarm programming off. This mode is used for when the car is not being used and the alarm is not needed, so as to not trigger it inadvertently in the shop or personal garage. I think I’m doing to keep this inactive because the car roof is always off and locking or alarming the car is meaningless with an open roof. The immobilized is still active so that should be enough
Hi there, Not sure if you have got to the bottom of your problem yet? but it sounds like it's your Actuator. Both the buttons in the car don't lock individual doors they lock and unlock both doors, so both your buttons are failing to lock / unlock the driver's side door as the actuator has probably failed. Removing the door card to get to the actuator is usually very strange forward and does not need a dealer. The sealed Med unit internal battery are usually also shot as well, so your 5 beeps could be more than one fault. Hope this helps. M

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After reading the Med unit manual I’ve learned that the 5 beeps mean the Med unit has been turned off/disabled. The prior owner probably did this because he couldn’t tolerate all the beeping and didn’t want to risk having a disabled car if the fob key battery ran out and I don’t blame him so I’m ok with keeping it off. Regarding the actuator, you may be correct that it’s also failed causing me to lock and unlock the drivers side door with the key each time rather than using the interior door panel switch which is what I use to open the passenger door.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think my Med unit has also gone, although to the extent that mine at least does not even bleep, which is a bonus, instead I just get the indicator lights flashing once you have locked, but at least the remote works and I can lock and unlock the car with the remote. The Med is a sealed unit with an internal battery which after a number of years goes bad, leaks and destroys the Med unit, which is a pain to get to and replace. Plus the new Med unit, I understand, has to then be programmed and coded to the car. Getting the actuators fixed is a much more straightforward DIY job, most parts are Audi/VW parts bin and can be purchased for a 1/10 of Lamborghini prices if you can be bothered to hunt about. The fuel release door actuator for example is £150 from Lambo or £5 from ebay for a VW part and don't get me started on the £2.5k lower arm you don't need to replace in order to get a new ball joint.

Reactions: Gaius
1 - 15 of 15 Posts