Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
I recently purchased my 07 gallardo spyder. Problem is it decided to stop moving, engine starts fine but it doesn’t go into gear or move. Does anyone know what type of transmission is in these? Or anyone I can contact online about maintaining them and is reliable? Any help would be much appreciated since I’m pretty much clueless.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hey guys!
I recently purchased my 07 gallardo spyder. Problem is it decided to stop moving, engine starts fine but it doesn’t go into gear or move. Does anyone know what type of transmission is in these? Or anyone I can contact online about maintaining them and is reliable? Any help would be much appreciated since I’m pretty much clueless.
Ok so forgive me for asking this but assuming you have an e-gear car:

1. Are you stepping on the brake when you try to shift it into gear? Also I believe there’s a brake sensor that might go out because the car needs you to be on the brake before you put it in gear

2.Is the battery charged? E-gear is sensitive to low voltage

3. when the car is cold when you open the door do you hear the e-gear pump priming for a few seconds?

4.If so can you shift the gears when the car is turned on but not started?

5. have you tried the e-gear reset? Hold both paddles towards you until it beeps and resets.

6. can you get it in reverse?

7. The e-gear system requires a pump, a relay, an accumulator, the lines and the shifter itself which sits on the transmission. If the issue isn’t the actual clutch it could be any of these things, or even the paddles themselves. Are you getting any error warnings on the dash?

8. Was it working previously? Is there a big puddle of fluid under your car?

The e-gear system can be finicky, but it’s not impossible to service. The pump and the accumulator aren’t expensive and aren’t too hard to replace. The lines can be made by any company that makes hydraulics. The e-gear shifter can be rebuilt. You prob need a mechanic to diagnose it though. Or at least someone from the forum who knows more than I do. I have an 07 spyder as well and have replaced the e-gear pump and relay just as a preventative but it’s been reliable for me.

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,815 Posts
Excellent answer, Zaxwax. Reslan, you have copious amounts of data on this forum if you just search for egear transmission. May I suggest you spend a day reading up on all of those and going back to your car and seeing if you are operating it correctly. This forum is exactly what you need but you need to do some self study. Then, report back on the above questions and we’d be happy to help you further. Don’t be frustrated- these are great cars and super fun to drive, but do require a bit of driver knowledge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.