Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 Gallardo Coupe.

An E-Gear fault icon appeared on my dashboard today. The car will only shift between 1st and 2nd & reverse.

I'm assuming the blue cap (right-hand side) is the e-gear oil reservoir as shown in the picture?

There's a min/max indicator within the reservoir and the oil level is just below the min mark. I'm assuming the low oil level is why the E-Gear fault icon appeared?

Can I use a Mobil 1 full synthetic oil in lieu of the Tutela CS?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Egear has noting to do with oil level.

also, do u know how to check the oil level in a G? the car must be warmed up; it is a dry sump.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
e-gear oil level

I understand the motor oil system is a dry sump and must be checked a specific way while warm, but I'm asking specifically about the fluid (Tutela CS oil) used in the hydraulic system for the e-gear system.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Blue cap is your coolant, e-gear is fluid is under the black panel just below. You will have to remove the panel to access the e-gear reservoir. As for fluid, I wouldn't do anything different than OEM recommended Tutela.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
If it's not your fluid level being low, put your car on a tender or charge up your battery. The e-gear system does crazy things when your battery is low.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts