Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small leak in the front shocks, lift system works perfectly, do I need to change just the shocks or all of it with the hydraulic system? Is there a way to rebuilt it? I have the stock shock which I believe is Bilstein.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes, they can be rebuild. A friend of mine had his 05 rear shocks rebuild with good result. That was in Sweden, so that won’t help you much. But you should be able to find someone near you 😊
These were the original shocks and they were from Koni.

·
Registered
2006 LP640
95 Posts
I have a small leak in the front shocks, lift system works perfectly, do I need to change just the shocks or all of it with the hydraulic system? Is there a way to rebuilt it? I have the stock shock which I believe is Bilstein.
How did you go with this one? Did you end up getting the shocks rebuilt and was it an easy job?

·
Registered
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
52 Posts
I too have a leak in one of my front shocks with lift. The lift works once, then I get an error light (lift light blinks), then I have to turn the car off and on again to reset the error, and then the lift works once again. Multiple shops told me that the shock cannot be rebuilt and that I needed to replace the pair at $4,500 each ($9,000) just for the parts. Yikes! After searching this forum, I found Rebuild Master Tech. They say they can rebuild my shock for $995. So I giving them a try. I just removed the shock yesterday and shipped it today. They say I'll get it back in one week. I'll let you know how it goes. I hope this fixes the problem.
Automotive tire Coil spring Gas Shock absorber Suspension

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Tread

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Following

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bilstein UK rebuilt my front shocks few months back for £85 each plus vat plus carriage. That includes replacing the bushes if need. Cause my Gs an 06 I requested them to be changed. They did request I remove the springs but the lifting gear can remain on the shock. They manufacture shocks too so it did take a while for them to be done. Expect a 4 wk wait.

Ask for David in servicing he's a top Guy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
52 Posts
I too have a leak in one of my front shocks with lift. The lift works once, then I get an error light (lift light blinks), then I have to turn the car off and on again to reset the error, and then the lift works once again. Multiple shops told me that the shock cannot be rebuilt and that I needed to replace the pair at $4,500 each ($9,000) just for the parts. Yikes! After searching this forum, I found Rebuild Master Tech. They say they can rebuild my shock for $995. So I giving them a try. I just removed the shock yesterday and shipped it today. They say I'll get it back in one week. I'll let you know how it goes. I hope this fixes the problem.
View attachment 307543
View attachment 307542
View attachment 307544
I just got my shock back from Rebuild Master Tech. It looks really good. I installed the shock this morning. No leak which is great, but the lift still only actuates up and down once. After once cycle, the lift light blinks and will not actuate again until I turn off the car and turn it back on again. Anyone have any ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.