Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Gallardo with 8000 miles that has a clicking sound coming from the left front wheel area. It almost makes a sound as if there was a piece of metal inside the wheel. It is most noticable when turning right and mostly disappears when going straight or turning left. I first noticed it after a speed bump snuck up on me too quickly, and I wasn't going as slowly as I'd like. I'll be sick if this is an expensive repair. I have an audio recording of the sound if this will assist you in diagnosis. Please help!

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Have you checked the CV joints to see if the boots are intact?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Just my 2c........sounds like a bearing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked CV, brakes, etc. Sounds seem like it is coming from wheel. Removed front wheels and switched right wheel to left side and left to right side. Click now coming from right side. No visible damage to wheel. Took tire off of wheel, and still no obvious damage. Clicking sound occurs only when wheel is on car. I have nooooo idea what is going on.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Check the tire? I once had a clicking sound when I had a bolt embedded in the tire.

·
Registered
107 Posts
are you sure the sidewall of the tire is not split? May not see the problem unless the tire is underload.. Said it is more noticeable when turning to boot....

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Loose balancing weights maybe? It has to be the wheel if it switched sides. I'd take it to a garage and have them remount and rebalance it. How loud is the clicking? Does it change at certain speeds?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would pull the wheel off the car and CAREFULLY examine it for cracks. It might not be visable on the outside but it might reveal itself on the inside. Look specifically at the spokes around the flange area.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Maybe the TPMS got knocked loose?

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have that exact clicking problem, took it to my local Stuttgart dealership and he knew in 20 seconds that my problem was inside the Strut, he said it is my shock, somewhere in the shock tower, there is either a bearing or boot, he said it normally gives out after a while then you have to replace your shocks, which means you have to replace the entire thing, since it is a coil over/adjustable shock. This may not be your problem, but check that out and see if that could be it. My knocking sounds is quite aggressive, but he said wait a while, it is not so important you cant drive it. I have to garage my G in about 2 months anyways for winter, so when i do that i will have them replace the front shock towers during the snow months. Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was thinking the same thing GVAN but if it did break loose there should be a low tire pressure light as there would be no pressure differential between the inside of the tire and the inside of the tire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The clicking sounds persist. Narrowed down to a wheel problem. Looked closely at wheel. No obvious damage to wheel or tire. Clicking sound only happens under load. My suspicion is that there is some type of metal to metal contact that happens as the wheel turns between the two pieces of the Callisto wheel. Is it possible to get Centerline wheels serviced in the US? Can I take these apart myself? I hate to spend $2000 on a new wheel if this could be an easy fix. Please help!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
The clicking sounds persist. Narrowed down to a wheel problem. Looked closely at wheel. No obvious damage to wheel or tire. Clicking sound only happens under load. My suspicion is that there is some type of metal to metal contact that happens as the wheel turns between the two pieces of the Callisto wheel. Is it possible to get Centerline wheels serviced in the US? Can I take these apart myself? I hate to spend $2000 on a new wheel if this could be an easy fix. Please help!

where are you located? maybe a fellow G owner near you can help swap wheels with you to test your theory?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
$2,000.00 per wheel? I called my parts guy @ dealership just out of curiousity for pricing on 4 new cordelia's to potentially replace my castillo's...was quoted $15,000.00 with a straight face...and that was about a year ago...lmao. anyway i hope your issue is soon resolved....even if its driveable with the problem i know it would be difficult to enjoy the car with it....keep us posted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts