Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Last year's calender was really well done - even had the pleasure of having my Countach in it too -

my suggestion for the 2006 edition is CARS IN ACTION. Track or road pictures welcome - comments - opinions????

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Alex, would love to do another calendar, however the economics do not justify. We had 150 printed last year, and have some 50 left over. The cost is quite high for low volume which cuts into sales volume.

Also, using the Lamborghini script and bull logo for commercial purposes is a copyright "no no" as I found out. A calendar without it is cheap IMO, so no calendar for 2006...At least not from me. :(

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's too bad... there are some great shots on this year's, one of my favorites is the current October 2005 shot of the dark red Gallardo.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I have a good friend that is a printer. I will look into doing the calendar this year. I'll work around the script and Bull!! :confused: hhahahahahah

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
photos are GREAT

ITXKURB is a natural and pro. Those shots are top notch and would make a GREAT calendar. I have an office on Hong Kong, and we do some very nice printing there... somehow the ink is better (toxic?) But if you could take teh shots, I could possibly print them there. Low volume is ok... but what format? I like large format 15x18.
I travel there each month, and could return with them.
Coordination of shots, however may prove difficult...I am a poor photographer... and even the 'pro' photographers I use are lame, in my opinion.
But your shots are top notch.. maybe you can zip around on a tour and photo 12 sweet cars in the coolest backdrops?

I will review return posts on this.
Can't believe you printed 150, and had 50 left??

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
You guys can do what you want, but the idea behind the calendar was for forum members to submit pictures of their cars, and then vote on the best. Not to just find some random pictures on the net which anybody can do..... Then someone will need to collect money and mail the calendars...And I mean all over the world. It's a pain unless you have a web store or medium already set up for it, especially for the volume involved. Just giving you some idea what's invloved.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Raymondo is on target. This calender should be of members cars. Economics aside, I would have liked to see another calender next year. Maybe it's too late to produce one for 2006.

What would it take to hook up with one of the Lamborghini associations and do a joint effort thing? This will save money and create a larger base. What was the total cost per calender at the 150 level last year?

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Yes it's too late to produce a "members" calendar. Need to start in August to allow time for submissions etc. As far as cost's, we charged $20.00 each, quite pricey, but not too much given printing cost's, envelope, CC processing, Multiple trips to the post office...(I don't have to tell you how painful that is). Dealing with overseas postage. Even with a web store you've got to promote them etc... Are you getting the picture? :)

E-bay? Not worth the effort, and even then you'll have competition @ $9.00 each.

Having said all that, I'd still do it if one could just break even.

Man you guys are lucky to have me to point this stuff out.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let's forget about the calendar - how about some Lambos in action - rather tthan the normal static pictures we have all been posting? Alex

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
raymondo said:
Yes it's too late to produce a "members" calendar. Need to start in August to allow time for submissions etc. As far as cost's, we charged $20.00 each, quite pricey, but not too much given printing cost's, envelope, CC processing, Multiple trips to the post office...(I don't have to tell you how painful that is). Dealing with overseas postage. Even with a web store you've got to promote them etc... Are you getting the picture? :)

E-bay? Not worth the effort, and even then you'll have competition @ $9.00 each.

Having said all that, I'd still do it if one could just break even.

Man you guys are lucky to have me to point this stuff out.
How about some of the sponsors pitching in? I know I would!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I love this one

my two favorite cars and colours... :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts