Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone;
I was driving my 2005 Murcielago yesterday highway speed 60-65 mph suddenly the dash started flashing
From Neutral to the gear I was on staring loosin speed, car cut off it started again, tried to put it in gear dash would flash from 1 to N , car moved it went in to 2nd gear light on dash flash from N-2 made it to a parking lot to wait for wrecker, when I tried to put in reverse no reverse, put it on first gear and drove it on the flat bed, has anyone had this issue car has 19 k miles, I don’t abuse it; I could hear the Egear pump engaging properly, maybe speed sensors ? any input is appreciated as always !

Esteban

·
Registered
301 Posts
Good morning everyone;
I was driving my 2005 Murcielago yesterday highway speed 60-65 mph suddenly the dash started flashing
From Neutral to the gear I was on staring loosin speed, car cut off it started again, tried to put it in gear dash would flash from 1 to N , car moved it went in to 2nd gear light on dash flash from N-2 made it to a parking lot to wait for wrecker, when I tried to put in reverse no reverse, put it on first gear and drove it on the flat bed, has anyone had this issue car has 19 k miles, I don’t abuse it; I could hear the Egear pump engaging properly, maybe speed sensors ? any input is appreciated as always !

Esteban
The only egear issues I’ve experienced, is when I come to a complete stop in 1st. The car would pop into neutral. The car then wouldn’t shift out of neutral. The only way I resolved it was to shut the engine off, then restart the car. After that, the problem would go away. However, members on this site tell me not to release my brakes when at a stop, as the car will automatically go into neutral after a few seconds if brakes aren’t detected. That process may confuse the engine??? Also, they said I should shift into neutral instead of sitting in 1st.

I realize my issues aren’t related to your issues, but I’m interested in following this thread since I have an egear 06 roadster

good luck

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
That sounds like a voltage or computer issue. Check your battery voltage. It is behind the drivers side rear tire fender well. You could also have a relay failing that is killing power to everything. What code did it set? The port for the scanner is under the dash by the gas pedal. If the battery is bad and or not enough voltage to the system, weird things start happening.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds like a voltage or computer issue. Check your battery voltage. It is behind the drivers side rear tire fender well. You could also have a relay failing that is killing power to everything. What code did it set? The port for the scanner is under the dash by the gas pedal. If the battery is bad and or not enough voltage to the system, weird things start happening.
The problem was the speed sensors (potentiometers) how Lamborghini likes to call them
I called them and they casually quoted $950 dollars
I bought them at Audi for $300 dollars, the speed sensors were out of range therefore they would not sync up, my speedometer was acting erratically which was the first symptom that pointed towards those sensors, one of my techs check the signal on the harnesses and it was good we did a couple of resets on the paddles and cleared the codes, I replace the battery on the car every year and keep it on a battery tender, even though I drive the car a lot
It almost has 20k miles, what upsets me is that the car shuts off when that happens and I was on the highway, I see a lot of cars with speed sensor issues and the speedometer quits working but the car keeps going what I experienced was somewhat dangerous

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Glad you found the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts