Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Owner, Pearl Yellow, 2005 Gallardo with 10,600 miles, great condition, interior still smells new.

This car has a manual transmission. It is stock with tasteful options: yellow stitched interior, yellow brake calipers, glass engine cover.
Being a 2005, it also comes with the (immensely useful) front lift kit.

I own a car trailer so I will provide free shipping for up to 200 miles from 94502 area code. For greater distances, I will assist in shipping once funds have cleared. Moved to California, but the car has an Oregon title. Car is in Alameda, Ca. for inspection.

The original owner was car dealer in Montreal who used the car as snow bird when spending time at his winter home in Florida. I have records for his clutch replacement (along with oil + rear tires) at 5k miles, but no records for his annual services. The car just had its annual service performed at and received a clean bill of health from Roberto at Roselli's in San Jose, CA.

Asking $106,900.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
He had a clutch replacement at 5k miles? Do you have a CARFAX from the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Looks clean, good luck w the sale!

2004-2005 original clutch material lasts 5-10k mi. Once replaced w newer clutch, it will last much longer like other pre lp Gallardo. This is not abnormal.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Very nice car.

Personally think your asking price is low.

Should move quick and a great car for someone looking for a 6 speed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, clutch was replaced at 5k (says that in the post btw). Clean carfax. I think the price is low too, but need to free up some cash for some other things. :D

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
Looks clean, good luck w the sale!

2004-2005 original clutch material lasts 5-10k mi. Once replaced w newer clutch, it will last much longer like other pre lp Gallardo. This is not abnormal.
I'd have to disagree that an original clutch should last 5-10k miles; Especially in a manual car.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd have to disagree that an original clutch should last 5-10k miles; Especially in a manual car.
I agree with DJ.

Ive seen many pre-lp clutches not make 10k miles whether e-gear or manual. It is my understanding that the e-gear system did eat clutches faster than manual cars, but they weren't immune from low clutch life either. Ive seen some outliers out there, but would agree its not usual to see the whole clutch system changed out sub 10k. When I was originally searching for my car one of the things that was on my check list was that the original clutch had been changed.

I believe lamborghini recognized this as a major weak point and corrected it with changing the material/design? of the original clutch. When I spoke to my mechanic on clutch life on the new spec system his response was hes never seen one come back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the e-gears were hard on clutches until 08 when lamborghini finally decided to do something about it, so pre-2008, the manual clutches do last longer. Nice thing is, whether it needed it or not, it was done. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I switch out cars pretty often, I can say that there are a few cars that I miss but none more so than my Hummer. It was way too big for the California bay area, but I feel like it fit me better than any other car. Trust me, I feel your pain. Every time I see a Hummer I think of how much I miss it. Only cure for that is to buy another one, and fill that void.

Now that I think about it, I have FAR more "what the heck was I thinking" vehicles than ones that I miss. When I was much younger, and dumber, I actually bought a 77 Lotus Esprit. HOLY COW was that car slow! But...James Bond had one so naturally I had to have one. :D

This Gallardo will definitely be missed, but financially speaking, it's time for a few things to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I switch out cars pretty often, I can say that there are a few cars that I miss but none more so than my Hummer. It was way too big for the California bay area, but I feel like it fit me better than any other car. Trust me, I feel your pain. Every time I see a Hummer I think of how much I miss it. Only cure for that is to buy another one, and fill that void.

Now that I think about it, I have FAR more "what the heck was I thinking" vehicles than ones that I miss. When I was much younger, and dumber, I actually bought a 77 Lotus Esprit. HOLY COW was that car slow! But...James Bond had one so naturally I had to have one. :D

This Gallardo will definitely be missed, but financially speaking, it's time for a few things to go.

I'm interested but my timeframe is in about a month. If you still have it by then I will be contacting you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So this has gotten me upset, it appears as though the spammers and bots have gotten their hooks into the mix. I had a few people tell me things like "I can buy this exact car online for only $83,500." There are dozens of ads using MY photos claiming they're selling it for various prices. I've seen fake ads from $9.99~$228,950. (yes, there's actually one that says you can buy it for only $9)

I contacted one seller, and I was told that due to the overwhelming demand they're only making appointments to view after a $1,000 deposit is made. Clever!

Anyone ever had this happen to them?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Good luck from another 05 yellow 6 speed owner. Weird about the clutch. I'm on my original clutch at 36k miles! Very driver dependent I think. After all, you can burn one up in an afternoon if reckless/clueless, etc! Looks very clean!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Free bump from another twin of this car! Just replaced OE clutch at 20k, so I can attest to the early mileage change, and frankly see this as a very good thing.

Your price is too low! Seriously! Best of luck in the sale, this appears to be a great specimen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, seems like luck is needed to sell anything in this economy. It's a beautiful car and has a fresh service and PPI done by Roselli's in San Jose. I just dropped it back off there today, anyone in the area can pop in and check it out.

FYI, I love going to Roselli's, they work on so many cool toys down there. Of course, they're customers cars so you can go hopping in them, but it's pretty cool to see all the beautiful cars. Stop in and tell Roberto you want to buy the yellow one, he'll show it to you. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts