Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Lamborghini Murcielago
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you everybody? I hope that you are all doing well and staying safe during this difficult time. I purchased an outstanding 2004 Balloon White E Gear Lamborghini Murcielago back in 2014. I have had all the cosmetic issues fixed; but never got around to repairing the three major problems with the car. I live in Connecticut, and I don't drive it much--only in the Summer. I was wondering if any of you can please help me to determine the possible cause(s) of these 3 problems, as perhaps you experienced them yourself with your car. The main problem with the car is that after driving it for about 40 minutes, it often refuses to shift into first gear after coming to a stop; and it also refuses to shift into reverse--in fact the last time I drove it, I could not get it to shift into reverse to get out of a parking spot, and just about gave up trying; but fortunately it finally went into reverse, and fortunately, I didn't have to get it towed. I checked the hydraulic oil level (with the driver door opened as required), and discovered that it was well above the Max mark on the dipstick--do you think this has something to do with it? My Pre-Purchase inspection (which I unfortunately cannot find at the moment), said that a hose was leaking--could this be the cause? I have also read that a low battery can sometimes cause this shifting problem; but I have not seen any battery warning on the dashboard. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could please tell me what can possibly be causing this problem so that I can possibly repair the problem myself; or so that if I have to get it repaired, I can tell the mechanic what to look for to save me a possible fortune on diagnosing the problem. If you know what the problem is, could you also please tell me what I can expect to pay to have it repaired so that I don't get ripped off? And does anybody know of a good honest Lamborghini Mechanic in Connecticut?

The second problem with the car is that I sometimes hear a strange "whirring" sound coming from the floor underneath the seats. The sound occurs intermittently, and lasts around 15 to 20 seconds when it happens. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could please tell me what can possibly be causing this problem so that I can possibly repair the problem myself; or so that if I have to get it repaired, I can tell the mechanic what to look for to save me a possible fortune on diagnosing the problem. If you know what the problem is, could you also please tell me what I can expect to pay to have it repaired so that I don't get ripped off?

The last problem with this car has to do with the scissor doors, which I hear is common problem. First, the passenger scissor door will not lock; and sometimes I can't get it to open. Second, the driver door sometimes will not open trapping me in the car!--Fortunately, if I time unlocking the door just right with pulling the inside door latch to open the door, I am able to "escape" from it LOL! My greatest fear is that one day my wife and I will both become trapped in the car as the result of both doors refusing to open. This actually happened to us one time, but fortunately, I was able to open my driver side door as previously described, by timing unlocking the door just right with pulling the inside door latch to open the door, enabling my wife and I to exit the car--scary and very frustrating. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could please tell me what can possibly be causing this problem so that I can possibly repair the problem myself; or so that if I have to get it repaired, I can tell the mechanic what to look for to save me a possible fortune on diagnosing the problem. If you know what the problem is, could you also please tell me what I can expect to pay to have it repaired so that I don't get ripped off?

Thanks so much for any information you good people can provide to me to help me fix this beautiful Italian masterpiece. Thanks so much my fellow Lamborghini friends, and please stay safe and strong during this challenging time. Wishing you ALL THE BEST--Bob

·
Registered
406 Posts
What are the conditions for allowing N->1 shift in an eGear, e.g. brake pedal pressed? It could be one of these isn't being met, like brake switch not functioning.

There are no components under the seats, so it's likely the whirring is coming from somewhere else and it appears to be under the seats. Unless you have some seat-mounted bass-enhancers. Under what conditions does the whirring happen?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts