Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
that you can install a lift kit for your car now! (it can be used on all year gallardos too, even ones with OEM lift)

This kit, custom made by Umbrella Auto Design, lifts the car on all four sides. I installed it with JRZ coilovers, but it will work with stock suspension too. When fully collapsed, the shocks sits on the aluminum cup, so it doesn't affect handling at all. The system goes up and and down instantly

It's such relief to be able to go over bumps and steep driveways like an SUV :)

Also the JRZ RS Pros are absolutely amazing. I can't believe it. The car feels like a Lexus over bad roads and bumps. But under cornering it just stiffs up and handles like its on rails. :eek:

I want to thank Frank at Raging Bull Performance for the professional install and Ravi at Umbrella Auto for creating the kit!

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Nice to see a great review on a great product. Install looks impeccable and very factory looking from the driver seat.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Nice product, but I do not think I could come to terms with that HUGE bottle up front! There must be a way to do this install a bit more Stealth?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not really sure if it could me more stealthier. I believe that is a 3 or 5 gallon air tank plus the compressor. I believe it is an air lift system integrated with any coilovers (JRZ for this matter). I know this company and they specialize in NSX's and are pretty famous for building an air suspension kit integrated with any adjustable coilover hence still having a comfy ride.

My question is, how heavy is the air tank and compressor combined?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow that's really good
Yep its awesome, less unsprung weight is always great!

Very nice!!!
Thanks!!

Nice to see a great review on a great product. Install looks impeccable and very factory looking from the driver seat.
Thanks!

Looks like a fantastic set-up. You don't mess around. But boy, does it look pricey! :D
Thanks! The lift kit is not bad, much cheaper than trying to retrofit an oem unit, the jrzs on the other hand, were pricey.

Can we just get it for the front only?>
Yes! They have front only kits too, it uses a much smaller tank.

Nice product, but I do not think I could come to terms with that HUGE bottle up front! There must be a way to do this install a bit more Stealth?
If you get only the front kit, the tank is much smaller!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not really sure if it could me more stealthier. I believe that is a 3 or 5 gallon air tank plus the compressor. I believe it is an air lift system integrated with any coilovers (JRZ for this matter). I know this company and they specialize in NSX's and are pretty famous for building an air suspension kit integrated with any adjustable coilover hence still having a comfy ride.

My question is, how heavy is the air tank and compressor combined?
I believe weaare speaking about the same company, but this lift my doesn't affect the coilovers, the comfy ride comes from the impressive technology jrz puts in they shocks!

The tank setup fairly light, less than 20 lbs. I'll try to get a more accurate number from the manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
I have just installed KW3 four wheel high lift system on my 2006 SE.
Picking it up this week, so will let you know how it goes. Not cheap, :eek:but comes with good reports.
john

·
Registered
749 Posts
You know, the compressor reminds me of the onboard compressor from my Hummer, just shinier. It looks like that compressor may fit between the frame members on the drivers side of the trunk tub. And with a longer hose connected to a smaller tank for the front lift only, it could be very stealthy indeed........ all hidden on either side of the trunk tub.

Subscribed for front lift stealthy updates

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
You know, the compressor reminds me of the onboard compressor from my Hummer, just shinier. It looks like that compressor may fit between the frame members on the drivers side of the trunk tub. And with a longer hose connected to a smaller tank for the front lift only, it could be very stealthy indeed........ all hidden on either side of the trunk tub.

Subscribed for front lift stealthy updates
I think that if one made a fake ''floor'' on top of the compressor and the airtank one would hide most of the lift install. The cargo space is ''gone'' anywayz.

That said, I agree, the compressor could fit outside the tub. Not sure where one could fit a sizeable bottle. Perhaps two smaller bottles would be a better solution for a stealth option.

Ohhh, and its beyond my comprehension how this install could shave off 12lbs of the weight of the car. The OE coilovers are not THAT heavy.

Removed from car:

-OE coilovers and springs.

Added to car:

-JRZ coilovers and springs, with external reservoirs and tubing
-Large Air bottle
-Compressor
-Lift system on coilovers
-Various wires, cabling, buttons and airtubes.

hmmmm, it does not add up.

:D

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very sorry, you are right, it looks like it was 12 lbs from the coilovers only

The company also uses smaller air tanks for those that want only front lift:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Thank you sir. Now we are on the right trackThanks for the EXACT weight of the coilovers. Valuable information.

Anyways the lift the setup gives looks very impressive. How much did you measure the lift to? 1 1/2''?

:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts