Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to Lamborghinis, just bought my first Gallardo. I have looked and looked through the forums but haven't seen exact advice to my situation. Car will not start and run on it's own, it will fire right up and run with continual starting spray. We do not have any communication to OBD, no pulses to the injectors, no rpms seen on the dash cluster when running on starting fluid. Does anyone have a detailed wiring diagram? I've looked at a couple but they are coded in a manner that is unreadable without the key to understand it. Would the radio not being installed but an issue? it is an aftermarket radio..

·
Registered
356 Posts
try a different OBD reader, with my 04 I tried 3 or 4 untill i found one that would communicate properly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So we have done a little back history on the car, previous owner had the car since 2013. He says that he hit something in the road and since then the car has never ran. Insurance did a pay out and I bought the car from the dealership that got it from auction. Car is in great shape, we have had it up on the lift and haven't found any undercarriage damage at all. Car was maintenanced by Lamborghini in Florida at 34119 miles and the odometer reads now 34338. That's about all I have so far.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Many cars have a sensor that turns off the fuel when they hit something for safety, there is a reset switch. I know my friend's Ford did it one night when he hit a curb. Does the Gallardo have this I don't know but do some research if Audi has this features since most all of the Gallardo's electronics are Audi.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes that was our thought as well, some kind of inertia switch maybe. Somebody told us that the Gallardo doesn't have one but idk. Ill look into the Audi and see what I can find, thanks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Have you checked the fuel pumps pressure? (there are two fuel pumps)
there's a 04 repair manual floating around, do a search...
plus that story that hit something.....somehow doesn't sound good....may be a can of worms

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have checked fuel pressure (well not while turning over)I have jumped the relays manually to test the pumps and have pressure, injectors have no power at all either way so gotta figure that out and no obd communication. I'm waiting on software to be able to see if i can communicate with other modules in the car at all all but both ecus and egear have power and I know the Crankshaft position sensor is sending signal and firing the car off fuel sprayed into the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the repair manual but the wiring schematics are very vague I need color coded diagrams with each wire for each computer in the car.

·
Registered
356 Posts
they are color coded. they just use different codes, think its based on italian colors?

letter is the color and number is the wire size in metric.

R = red
N = black
M = brown
L = blue
H = white

you can figure it out by comparing diagrams to actual wiring, its not that hard.

and see attached for the OBD2 dongle I bought that works with my 04... it was called "elm327 v1.5 bluetooth adapter" on ebay, and im using a torque pro phone app but it works with others.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was actually just comparing Italian words for colors thinking that might have been the key. Good to know I was on the right track.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just some suggestions

Hello,

Not sure what could be wrong with your car but thought I would shoot a few suggestions.

1) I would try to cycle the key in the door a few times. Its possible the immobilizer has been triggered some how. Also, if the remote is not working, you are going to want to get in working and make sure you lock then unlock the doors with the key fob. Again, for the purpose of the immobilizer.

2) beside the drivers seat, kind of where the back rest meets the seat portion, against the pillar of the car, there is a button. That button is another immobilizer for if the vehicle is attempted to be stolen by tow. If this switch was on during the impact, I guess it wouldn't be impossible that the inertia caused that to trigger. I would make sure that switch is off, then resort to my first suggestion before trying to start the car.

Just simple things that could be the problem. Easy to try so if they are not, not a lot of time wasted.

Frank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Frank,

Thanks for the advice, we will try that all for sure. Definitely willing to try just about anything to get this car driving.

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a little update on the car. Its alive and running. I located a blown 7.5amp fuse under the passenger dash. Replaced it and the check engine light came on. Car then started right up on its own fuel and has been working perfect since. Thanks again for everyone's input.

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
I hope that is your last problem but it won’t be. You will go through the stage of asking yourself why you purchased the car, when you find another problem. I’ve done it for 19 years. Then I come on this forum, ask questions and someone is always here to help you out. Glad she is running for you mate.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Just a little update on the car. Its alive and running. I located a blown 7.5amp fuse under the passenger dash. Replaced it and the check engine light came on. Car then started right up on its own fuel and has been working perfect since. Thanks again for everyone's input.
Cool, I was gonna say fuse. Which fuse was it ?

The Gallardo engine fuel and ECU architecture is essentially one system per bank so you can have one side go out. Fuses are also underneath the "parcel shelf" behind the seats. Ask me how I know :eek:

I carry a simple Autel OBD scanner and a multipack of fuses in the car with me :wave: I also spent some time getting a wired OBD cable and reader software for my laptop. These will show you the basic OBD codes, but you need the Lambo computer if you need to decode some of the OEM codes they added. Your local dealer will happily charge you for a diag :cool:

Lee

1 - 18 of 18 Posts