Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bushing on my 2004 Gallardo shifter broke and I got a whole new cable from Glen at AMH Exotic parts. I've got the cable installed, which was a real pain, but now I have to get the end onto the shifter rod. I'm very nervous about just "forcing" it. I spent $400 on the cable and a few hours getting that bugger snaked through the engine and into place, and I don't want to break it now by just hitting this end with a hammer or something to force it onto the little "ball" part of the shifter rod. Does anyone know of any magic way to make this happen. I gave it a few light taps and it doesn't budge, so it feels like it's going to take a good bit of force to get it into place. Any advice or expertise would be greatly appreciated. Here are a couple of pics:

·
Registered
440 Posts
I did mine a few years a go, but from memory I'm pretty sure I just pushed mine on with my hands and it just snapped on. a little bit of grease might help also.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Push hard or whack with a socket over it and mallet

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was it. Thanks for the info. Was just a little nervous, but a little grease and a mallet and socket put it right into its place.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Hmm, I could’ve sworn mine had a thread on the plastic part with locking nuts to adjust both the length and to snug the ball end.

Oh well, you got it figured out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts