Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
04 Gallardo LP560 Bumper Issues

Hello forums!

I've just purchased my first Lambo which happened to be this beautiful 2004 G with all sorts of carbon fiber mods done to it (carbon fiber rims giggity giggity). All is well and perfect except for the major hood gap on the front LP560 bumper. This bumper's got all sorts of issues:

1) The hood gap is massive.
2) There's some really weird LED's on the scoops :confused: and no way to turn them on! (I don't mind this too much but I want it gone)
3) The paint does not match under white fluorescent garage lighting but does match in sunlight (not too worried, just embarrassing when I show people the car inside the garage).

I'm in Santa Monica (SoCal). Does anybody have a good body shop or paint shop to recommend? Maybe take it to the dealer?

And lastly, should I take it to the dealer for an inspection? How much would something like that cost? Thanks :)

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the family

were your car at raging bull performance in costa mesa recently? I could have swear I saw one just like it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the family

were your car at raging bull performance in costa mesa recently? I could have swear I saw one just like it
Who knows, all I know is that I purchased it from McLaren Philadelphia in Pennsylvania and the car has been up there its whole life. 16.8k miles on it, so I'm not sure if it was in Costa Mesa before I bought it a month ago. However if you ever see it around Santa Monica near the pier you know who it belongs to ;)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
That's an aftermarket bumper with custom grills that have those LEDs in them. That for sure homemade. The gap cannot be closed unless you buy another aftermarket bumper and have it fitted perfectly and painted with the correct paint code. The job has not be done well on this one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's an aftermarket bumper with custom grills that have those LEDs in them. That for sure homemade. The gap cannot be closed unless you buy another aftermarket bumper and have it fitted perfectly and painted with the correct paint code. The job has not be done well on this one.
I see, you really think I need to buy another of the exact same bumper to fix the hood gap? Can't the existing one be trimmed?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Well you can take it off and let a shop add fibeglass to the part to close the gap to the hood. Lots of work and repaint for sure. But it also doesn't look that perfect on the side where it meets the fender. Better find a good body shop and explain the issues. Maybe they know a way how to fix it on a reasonable price .. including the grills.

·
Super Moderator
3,157 Posts
Holy Spoiler.....I don't the gap is too bad. My suggestion is to take it to a reputable body shop, have them pull the bumper, strip it, and fit 100% perfectly, get new grills, have them repaint and install new grills, problem solved. Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's really weird is the car on display for the front splitters on this site have the same LEDs on the same location on the scoop...

Looks like the fitment on that bumper is a lot better - hoping mine wont need a complete replacement then

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,157 Posts
Contact one of the reps over there. You don't need to replace the bumper.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The front bumper can be adjusted, it is held on by four screws across the front under the plastic cowling.
Not difficult at all and that gap can be closed up. I've seen a lot worse than that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The front bumper can be adjusted, it is held on by four screws across the front under the plastic cowling.

Not difficult at all and that gap can be closed up. I've seen a lot worse than that.

Thank you! That sounds like great news :)
Also, i realized that the color mismatch under fluorescent lighting came from yellowed clear bra.

Ill update the thread when i get this thing into a body shop! Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
432 Posts
I see, you really think I need to buy another of the exact same bumper to fix the hood gap? Can't the existing one be trimmed?
you don't need to buy a bumper!

give me a call at your convenience 305.592.4482 or email [email protected] I will be happy to assist.

Thanks
Erik

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm in the same area as you and unfortunately two of the highly rated body shops I've used in our area did a sub par job on my wife's Z4. Had front and rear bumpers done a year apart at different shops and pretty unimpressed. Both cosmetic fixes only, one from a rear end at a stop sign and a front bumper scratch from street parking. I wouldn't let either of them touch you car.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Greetings and salutations and welcome to Lamborghini Talk, mohammadadib! :)
That is a beautiful Bull you got there! Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear that you have a couple issues, but glad that the color issue is simply the clear bra. If you need any help regarding the others, don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Welcome, I am sure Erik will walk you through this but I figure I would get the ball rolling.

Hi,

I had one nagging issue, the front bumper to hood gap was uneven. He was aware of first generation bumpers not having an internal support bracket and advised me to go to his plant some time and ask for the bracket.

I met the plant manager Kip and we looked behind the bumper. Turns out I had the bracket but whom ever installed the bumper didn't attach the bracket to the frame. Kip advised I use two turnbuckles to tie the bracket to the frame and over the course of several days in the sun slowly tighten the turnbuckles till the bumper was back in the right position and the hood to bumper gap looked right. Worked like a charm!

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f47/official-rsc-tuning-560-bumper-thread-79401/#post614458

·
Registered
494 Posts
The bumper needs shimming/adjusting. My body shop did a great job and the gap almost looks factory.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Lefty - any new pics of your car with side skirts installed?
I don't have any from a shoot yet (hopefully soon), but I will get some that I've taken with the good ol' iPhone. I've been in the Caribbean the past week and we got 3 feet of snow while I was away so the car hasn't moved much.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you all so much. I'll be taking it to GI Automotive in santa monica. They're experienced with cars like this. I'll update you guys on the outcome :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts