Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Gallardo with 39k miles on it. I understand with catalytic converters water naturally comes out of exhaust tips. But I’m starting to notice stains on the ground from starting the car and it somewhat “spraying” out. Only concern is that it’s starting to leave light stains from all the starts over time… meaning it’s not JUST water coming out. I realize water with dirty exhaust tips is going to look dirty but does anyone else experience this? Am I getting excessive oil blow by? There is zero smoke from the exhaust tips and it’s just during start ups. Just want to double check it’s normal. I’ve never had a rear engine car so not familiar if this is normal. Thanks guys
Tire Automotive tire Hood Road surface Wheel

Automotive tire Wood Road surface Tar Asphalt

·
Registered
199 Posts
Absolutely normal brother. Especially if it's straight piped you'll see water come out the tail pipe w/ some build up a tad. Nothing to worry about. If you had blue smoke or some odd smell that seems like the rings are going out then I'd be concerned. Heck my supra used to do that and it's because it sat most of the time as a garage ornament. LOL

If it makes you feel better pull out the spark plugs and check them out. It'll tell you a lot about the car and at 39k miles she's barely stretching her legs. Mine has 47k miles I THINK and she's a strong bull :D

Keep us posted :D

Reactions: Jaybird

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely normal brother. Especially if it's straight piped you'll see water come out the tail pipe w/ some build up a tad. Nothing to worry about. If you had blue smoke or some odd smell that seems like the rings are going out then I'd be concerned. Heck my supra used to do that and it's because it sat most of the time as a garage ornament. LOL

If it makes you feel better pull out the spark plugs and check them out. It'll tell you a lot about the car and at 39k miles she's barely stretching her legs. Mine has 47k miles I THINK and she's a strong bull :D

Keep us posted :D
hahaha thank you man. I’ve had high horsepower custom cars my whole life especially with no cats but being my lambo is a new venture and mid engine I just had to ask.I didn’t want to look stupid but decided to take the risk 😂 but exactly like you said there are no issues, no smoke in any way, runs/starts perfect, no check engine lights etc…. I’ve just never seen stains on the ground before and my CTSV was straight piped with almost 800HP. But being this exhaust is so short and these motors burn oil I assumed this would be somewhat normal for them but had to ask!

·
Registered
SL #7007
433 Posts
Exactly what @toymr2trd said. It’s just condensation in the exhaust that gets mixed up with the deposits in your exhaust. My SL does it too. Completely normal…..

Reactions: Jaybird

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mine do exactly the same and always have. Given I let the cars warm up for several minutes before driving, I end up having to pressure wash the driveway behind them because that crap lands in the same place every time and stains the concrete lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine do exactly the same and always have. Given I let the cars warm up for several minutes before driving, I end up having to pressure wash the driveway behind them because that crap lands in the same place every time and stains the concrete lol
Haha I’m glad it’s not just me. Time to break out my pressure washer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Haha I’m glad it’s not just me. Time to break out my pressure washer
My garage door has a few nasty black marks on it now. haha

My 05 has 65K on it and spits like this on start up. A little Mothers "mag and aluminum polish" takes that burnt black crap off the pipe on mine.I used black streak remover for the garage. haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts