Lamborghini Talk banner

2003 Murcielago DYNO Numbers (RWD Conversion, exhuast, intake)

443 10
Hello all!

Yesterday I DYNO tested the 2003 Lamborghini Murcielago, read more about it here: Keep Track of My New Gated Manual Murcielago! VIN...

Current mods impacting power include RP intakes, DTP exhaust (primary cats still in place), and RWD conversion. The car is not tuned.

Below is the DYNO sheet, it was on a Mustang DYNO. Great numbers, 526rwhp and 467rwtq. Estimated 615bhp

DYNO Video (video is still processing for now but you can download it): IMG_2103.MOV

Rectangle Font Tree Wood Parallel
Reactions: Rcasa20 and amapl
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m so glad you posted this. This is what I want to do with my car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How does the DTP exhaust sound? Is it high pitched? It is hard to tell from the dyno video.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
How does the DTP exhaust sound? Is it high pitched? It is hard to tell from the dyno video.
It is fairly high-pitched, nothing like an LP640 though. If you want all the glory, you have to remove the primary cats as well but I think it is already loud enough just removing the secondary cats and it sounds awesome. IRL it sounds higher pitched than it does in the video.

Reactions: white out

·
Registered
67 Posts
It is fairly high-pitched, nothing like an LP640 though. If you want al the glory, you have to remove the primary cats as well but I think it is already loud enough just removing the secondary cats and it sounds awesome. IRL it sounds higher pitched than it does in the video.
If you’re after a higher pitch LP640 sound, Fabspeed or Powercraft will do the job without touching primary cats.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
If you’re after a higher pitch LP640 sound, Fabspeed or Powercraft will do the job without touching primary cats.
Powercraft replaces the primaries (and tip section).

DTP & Fabspeed are the only two short styles, which offer the shortest path for a higher pitch, lower weight and top end power. The biggest difference is Fabspeed X-pipe has its biggest gains in the 3.5-5.5k range where DTP has its biggest gains from 5k to redline.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Powercraft replaces the primaries (and tip section).

DTP & Fabspeed are the only two short styles, which offer the shortest path for a higher pitch, lower weight and top end power. The biggest difference is Fabspeed X-pipe has its biggest gains in the 3.5-5.5k range where DTP has its biggest gains from 5k to redline.
I can attest to the increased power over 5k. Along with the intakes and RWD the car is MUCH faster.

Reactions: white out

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Too bad you didn’t get a “before” dyno

a baseline number before the mods would have been nice to see. I am curious to HP each mod brings to the table

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too bad you didn’t get a “before” dyno

a baseline number before the mods would have been nice to see. I am curious to HP each mod brings to the table
Yeah I wish I had, it picked up approx 40bhp with the mods without a tune but it feels way faster than that due to RWD

Reactions: Ripper
1 - 11 of 11 Posts