Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murci Family...

Looking for your advise. My 2003 needs a new pair of shoes (2 pair to be exact). I have the OEM tires and would prefer to replace with the same if possible.

Front: Pirelli P Zero Rosso 245/35R18 (88Y)
Rear: Pirelli P Zero Rosso 335/30ZR18 (102Y)

Tire rack is on backorder. I called and they said “could be a month.” That said, it could be longer as well. I’m struggling to find them elsewhere.

Where do all of you purchase your tires from? Looking for an alternative or two that also has competitive pricing.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
They have been out of stock for a while. At least a couple of months. I needed a new rear tire, and ended up having to change all 4 to the Corsa's because it was obvious the wait would be too long for the Rosso's.

·
Registered
425 Posts
This is common, they only make about a batch per year. I also made the switch to corsas and have been extremely pleased with them, granted I don't drive in very cold weather or in the rain.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discount Tire shipped to me in a couple of days. They only had Corsas. They wear faster, so some say Pirelli limit the Rossos (which last many more miles).

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is because Pirelli does not sell well and a lot of distributors are dropping the line. Go with another brand.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cbucgo,

Are you aware of another option? I can’t seem to find another option for the rear tires? Michelin does not make one. Hoosier only makes a track tire. Not sure there is an alterntive to Pirelli.

If you know of one, please let me know. Thx

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
BF Goodrich are the only tires aside from Pirelli that work with the AWD system. All the other options require 2WD. Toyo Tires R888r are available in stock rear sizes and 255 front width tires.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Been putting off replacing my PS2s as I lived in false hope Mich would start producing them again, but they are 10yrs old now and the time has come.

I hated the stock Pirellis that were on the car when I bought it 9yrs ago, I’d say the 10yr old PS2s would still grip better than those

I’d assume Corsas are better than the stock but have heard about bad wet weather traction and aquaplaning issues at high speeds?

What is the BFG Goodrich option and how do those compare to the Pirellis?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I don't find the Corsa that bad in the rain, but they definitely sing extra loud on grooved concrete freeways compared to the Rossos.. I wish I had the Rossos back.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Been putting off replacing my PS2s as I lived in false hope Mich would start producing them again, but they are 10yrs old now and the time has come.

I hated the stock Pirellis that were on the car when I bought it 9yrs ago, I’d say the 10yr old PS2s would still grip better than those

I’d assume Corsas are better than the stock but have heard about bad wet weather traction and aquaplaning issues at high speeds?

What is the BFG Goodrich option and how do those compare to the Pirellis?
I agree Rossa leaves a lot to be desired and will never be mounted on my car.

Corsa are 60 treadwear, so they are STICKY (slicks are 40). I haven't tried the Corsa, but it seems like a good option.

BFG doesn't have a front tire that will work with the AWD. The only 18" front tires close are 245/40, .9" taller than 35 series, which will require 2WD.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks

If only Michelin kept making the PS2s
Lazy bastards lol

Any one else run the Corsas in the rain on Freeway etc?
I suppose being AWD would help us a lot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts