Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving today the LB Check engine light went on did not disappear. Which indicates by my own diagnositic that it means (Lambda sensor detected weak fuel mixture). How can this be corrected. The car is riding fine with no stalling or misfiring. It appears that maybe an adjustment is needed. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to begin to look to fix. I know how to reset the LID.

Thanks
BR :wave:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The 1st thing I would look for is an air leak, a visual of all the vacum hoses. If you find no leaks, check your linkage rods by hand to insure they are both exactly the same thru full travel (engine off).

Then clear the codes and see if the error reappears.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please keep me posted on the resolution . . . The exact same thing is going on with my 99 SV. By the way, is the car dangerous to drive while I'm figuring out what is wrong, or is this code relatively minor?

I'm not much of a wrench- where are the vacuum hoses located and how many are there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
JRV,

You seem to know your stuff, your guidance is well appreciated. This is what I have done so far.

I checked all hoses for leaks and found none. I removed the distributor cap and cleaned it and reinstalled. I adjusted the throttal body and found that the left was not opening as much as the right, I adjusted that. I reset the computer. After all this after the reset, I drive for a few miles with no left engine light flash. But I stop, shut the car off and restart after a few feet the light comes on again (and stays on). Keep in mind the car is running fine with no issue.

I am leaning toward a bad left side O2 sensor, would you agree. Your help and any leads would be helpful. I plan to order one this week. This light is driving me nuts.

Regards,
BR :wave:

·
Registered
335 Posts
There is by now a number of posts on check engine light issues. Rather than repeat what was said in the past take a look at these first.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Monahan Z,

I did a search on Check Engine light and LB Check Engine light but only came across dicussions regarding the 12 flash indicator and my own thread. I am interested in the 2 flash indicator ((Lambda sensor detected weak fuel mixture). If you have a solution I am sure others would be interested, as ECNAL has indicated that he is having the same problem.

So I will ask again, do you think the O2 sensor could be the culprit.

Thanks
BR :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
You probably have this info, but this is what is says in my manual.......

2 flashes = Lambda sensor signal constantly poor, output voltage less than 0.4v with engine speed higher than 500rpm

and to troubleshoot, in order

1. check the proper operation of the fuel pump. Insufficient fuel level, locked or defective pump, power to the pump

2. check the proper operation of ignition system, Power module, coils, high voltage wire, ignition distributor, spark plugs.

3, check the proper operation of fuell pressure regulator

4. check integrity of exhaust system

5. check electric and vacum connections to intake plenum of the absolute air pressure sensor

and finally....

6. check the lambda probe wiring

Hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since my last post, the light went off, and has stayed off. The car has continued to run great as always. I'll still be interested to hear how this works out for 215MPH.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally,

I found out what was triggering the 2 flashs from the LB engine light. There is a very slight crack in the hose that leads to the Air sensor on the Left bank. I wrapped the damaged hose with a small piece of Black duct tap, as a result the light hasn't come on in 4 days. I hope my luck holds out.

I hope this helps others.
Regards,
BR :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts