Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice! I got 64 pallets of pavers for the backyard a few years back. It took 18 truckloads on an 18 wheeler because of weight limit.

That whole driveway could be done for around $2,000 everything included. The rental place was $100 more for delivery and pickup of the Bobcat.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Nice! I got 64 pallets of pavers for the backyard a few years back. It took 18 truckloads on an 18 wheeler because of weight limit.

That whole driveway could be done for around $2,000 everything included. The rental place was $100 more for delivery and pickup of the Bobcat.
Are you missing a 0 on the $2k price? If not, sign me up! Lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
wow you have patience to use planks ......no way for me i would had sold the house .
I have been a serious weight lifter since my late teens and so not an issue but definitly a workout; takes about 10 min of moving lumber around. While I"m moving it I"m thinking "I can't be doing this when I hit 70". :) When I was looking to buy in the neighborhood, most of the homes had a 1 car garage so a deal breaker. This one one of the few with a two car garage. I wasn't happy that the house was on a slight hill but being what the market is in my area I had to make a quick decision.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you move that other car in your driveway over slightly and then approach the driveway with your Lambo from the right at a sharp angle I bet you may make it without scraping. Looking at the position of your ramps it seems you are approaching from the wrong side. But coming in from the other side at a sharp angle the right front of your car may go slightly into that ground area next to the driveway but after you are there you just cut in. I have a steep driveway and awful street to driveway dip and I am able to do it. The trick is the angle. From the photo you show, you can't do it from the left side of the photo because the street curb is right there. The "left" and "right" I mention above are from your photo perspective not drivers perspective, but Im sure you get what I mean. Move that other car over and up a tiny bit and give it a try slowly while someone watches your front end. I used to use ramps too but then I got pretty skilled at the angle and have never scraped. Heres my angle in the link below when I first got the car when I initially used a board in the gutter. But now I don't use the board and just approach with a more drastic angle toward the grassy nole more and then turn in sharp.
https://flic.kr/p/u472f5

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
@JanDaMan, appreciate you input however with my lack of confidence, I"m not risking it. I need to get the driveway fixed. For now the planks work. I"m impressed with how confidently you drove the Verde Itica car on to the driveway. Verde Itica was my 1st choice but I was too slow to jump on the one Roy Cats had sitting on his lot for more than a year :(and then I say the Arancio Atlas and loved the color just as much:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Beautiful Car!

I use these portable Bridjit Curb Ramps along with the car’s front suspension lift and keeps the front from dragging; perhaps these raps might help you.

The Portables - Two 23" Travel-Sized Curb Ramps - BRIDJIT Curb Ramps
Thanks, the ramps you are talking about would not be something I"m comfortable with. I did look into portable aluminum ramps and they tend to be heavy and require space to store. One I recall was just 8ft long, 2ft wide and weighed about 85lb. Each of the 8-10ft boards is about 35lb. I store the wood on the side of the house, about 2 ft high , 1ft wide by 10ft in length.

·
Registered
96 Posts
@JanDaMan, appreciate you input however with my lack of confidence, I"m not risking it. I need to get the driveway fixed. For now the planks work. I"m impressed with how confidently you drove the Verde Itica car on to the driveway. Verde Itica was my 1st choice but I was too slow to jump on the one Roy Cats had sitting on his lot for more than a year :(and then I say the Arancio Atlas and loved the color just as much:)
Good, the driveway seems like it could use a good update anyway. As far as confidence on my driveway, that came from the wife bending down to watch the front as I angled in without my gutter plank. Seems there was more room than I thought, so now it's just easy in and easy out with a good angle knowing I'm clear. Plus I have skid plates too which adds about 1/4 inch or so. Yes orange is very nice, I waited about 10 years to find a nice green one.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts