Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to my man Nick Smith From Beverly Hills Lamborghini
car sold for 500,000 money wired and driven AWAY!!!!

Means this vehicle has been crash tested approved and WILL BE SOLD!

No how much for the rest of us?????? ! have my deposit down (1st at this Authorized L car dealer

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I can confirm that this car was sold by Orange County Lamborghini..on THE spot to a customer of theirs for $500,000.00............According to LUKE he is ALL DONE and the car is ready for production and delivery..........

Tonite at the dinner..the new president stated that if they get enough orders from dealers they are prepared to build 90 to 110 units...when I pressed for a price....he thought the neighborhood of 255K US..........

PS>>>>>>>>All this occurred here in Montery california at the Concorsso....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
roytoy2003 said:
I can confirm that this car was sold by Orange County Lamborghini..on THE spot to a customer of theirs for $500,000.00............According to LUKE he is ALL DONE and the car is ready for production and delivery..........

Tonite at the dinner..the new president stated that if they get enough orders from dealers they are prepared to build 90 to 110 units...when I pressed for a price....he thought the neighborhood of 255K US..........

PS>>>>>>>>All this occurred here in Montery california at the Concorsso....

Thanks for the confirm . If u confirm I know it's true. Are you going to get one?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
was the Concept S running with it's own engine and was the steering and so on operative on the Monterey weekend?
The concept S which was shown at the Geneva show was only a show car, no steering, now engine, even the chassis was not from a gallardo...

Also, has everyone seen that car with the doors open :confused:

Some pictures of Monterey:
http://www.autotitre.com/forum/Ici-c-est-le-forum-des-pro-de--40456p64.htm

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
OK lets clear a couple of points here......

I was at the concourse and Pebble beach....

The car sold for $515,000.00 to be exact, the car IS driveable and street legal. It has a production number of 1.

I was present when Jay Leno (and myself) placed orders with STEPHEN and LUKE at Pebble beach.......They accepted deposites via our prospective dealers, (on site).....advised that they would make a FIRM decision on building the car no latter than the end of September.......but intial indications say the will build 90 to 100 cars....the cars will be numbered starting with #2 on through 90 or 100.......they will ALL be E-Gear......The only thing differnt from the show car than the real production car is that the real one will add a 1 1/4 inch carbon fiber lip (windscreen) to the winshield for better air seperation from the cockpit......just like the option for the Murcie roadster......it was also be equipeed with helmet and goggles...custom by Lambo.......it will be offered in only 4 colors......pearl white, pearl orange, pearl yellow, pearl green...NO BLACK.The interior will ONLY be in black with contrasting outer color stitching......the interior plastic pieces will be in the exterior body color.....

The motor WILL be the new 522HP...the #1 concept car still has the old 493 HP in it......

JAY and I begged for 6 speed..however there is not enough room for the shift under the T-Bar crossing........

Thats all for now!!!!!

CANT WAIT TILL SEPTEMBER

PS Stephen did say there would be NO MORE than 250 built period......I think they have decided to make them I think they are hung up on the numbers 100 or up to 250....... :wave:

·
Registered
809 Posts
sounds freking sweet man.

cant wait to see the thing!

what color did you decide on, and will they continue to go for 500k, or will the price for the rest of them be somewhat lower?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I can confirm what Roy says that the car runs and has doors that
open etc. I walked behind/next to them and shot video of Luc and Stephan
riding in the Concept S as they drove it to the stage for presentation during
the Concorso last week.

The differences between it and the Geneva show car that I have so far
determined are: the Concept S at the Concorso last week has different seats,
headlights, the windscreen is lower, and the top of the rear deck has
some changes over the Geneva show car. Plus I can confirm that Luc has
talked about designing a helmet (and I assume goggles/face plate) for the
driver/passenger as the production car at Concorso has a much lower
windscreen that Luc's abd Stephan's heads were above the windscreen
when sitting in the car. It's a very sexy windscreen in person! The lip
on the windscreen that Roy mentions would be useful.

Very sexy car in person!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
it will be offered in only 4 colors......pearl white, pearl orange, pearl yellow, pearl green...NO BLACK.The interior will ONLY be in black with contrasting outer color stitching......the interior plastic pieces will be in the exterior body color.....
Well I want a black one with red stipe along hood center panel and rear.
I think that would be the tits!

Can anyone photoshop that????

·
Registered
809 Posts
do the doors open "lamborghini-style" or "just the regular way"?

and did the two windscreens seem to get enough wind out of the way of the driver's face?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I Hate Ferrari said:
do the doors open "lamborghini-style" or "just the regular way"?
Lamborghini Style doors are regulars, only the Countach, Diablo and Murci have scissor doors!

regular doors:
350GT, 400 GT2+2, Islero, Jarama, Espada, Miura, Urraco, Silhouette, Jalpa, LM002, Athon, Bravo, Cala, P140, Gallardo

scissor doors: Countach, Diablo, Murciélago

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Press Release

Driveable Lamborghini “Concept S” shown at
Monterey and Pebble Beach in the USA

The House of the Raging Bull has shown the first driveable prototype of the Lamborghini “Concept S” at the Monterey Concorso Italiano and at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in the USA.

The Lamborghini “Concept S” design study premiered at this year’s Geneva Motorshow as an extreme and spectacular expression of the Lamborghini brand. It was created at the Centro Stile Lamborghini in Sant’Agata Bolognese by Luc Donckerwolke, who drew inspiration from the classic single-seater racing cars of the past.

The astonishing amount of public interest at the Geneva Motor Show prompted the decision to build a driveable prototype in order to further gauge potential customer demand.

“The “Concept S” represents everything that Lamborghini stands for. It is extreme, uncompromising and Italian,” commented Stephan Winkelmann, President and CEO of Automobili Lamborghini. “A production decision has not yet been made, though we were encouraged by the positive response to the driveable prototype at both Monterey and Pebble Beach.”

The driveable “Concept S” prototype has only changed slightly compared to the original design study. For example, the so-called “saute-vent” windscreens were re-designed for homologation reasons. The look of the car results even more extreme than the original.

Classic single-seaters did not have a traditional windscreen, but utilised the „saute-vent“ in order to direct air over the head of the driver. In the “Concept S”, these devices divide the cabin into two distinct compartments, giving the car an aggressive and futuristic look

They also create a space between them that acts as an additional air inlet for the engine, which is positioned behind the seats. And like the Gallardo, which serves as the basis for this stunning supersportscar, the “Concept S” is equipped with a powerful V10 engine.

The aerodynamics of the “Concept S” have been optimised thanks to front and rear spoilers and a large rear diffuser. An electronically controlled, retractable central rear view mirror allows the driver to see what is happening behind the car - when required!

In the picture : the President and CEO of Automobili Lamborghini
Stephan Winkelmann and the Designer Luc Donckerwolke.

Sant’Agata Bolognese, 24th August 2005

1 - 15 of 15 Posts