Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a WTB/ISO thread a little while back, hoping to find a Diablo to add to the garage. After searching for a few months, I finally reached out to Roy Cats. Despite a little miscommunication (on my part), we came to a deal on a lovely 1998 SV, which according to records, previously lived in San Antonio. A great looking drivers example with 24,995 miles and serviced in the past by George Evans and Steve and Driven Exotics, and recently, at Veloce Motorsports in Kirkland. Probably my favorite iteration of the SV with the 18" wheels front and back, power steering, introduction of VVT, and of course, the pop up headlights which I actually prefer over the fixed Nissan units in the '99.

Finalized the deal yesterday and managed to secure a transport the same day before a snow storm hit the PNW. Hope to have it here in south Texas by mid/late next week.

Thanks all for the input on my other thread. Hope to contribute here as I gain some seat time with my new V12 beauty.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks a great car! Roy knows these Diablo's inside and out -- his reputation speaks volumes. Looks a really nice car and love the big SV decals (must have IMO).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats matey, nice to briefly catch up today on IG!

Reactions: bonehead

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know this is cliché, but with Roy, you buy the seller more than you buy the car. This may not be as important with modern Lambos, but with something like a Diablo, Roy is God.

Brother, welcome to an incredible experience. You will not believe the raw emotion and energy this car generates. Make sure you take it to your local cars and coffee, step back and enjoy.

Oh, and driving it is kinda fun too ;-)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats matey, nice to briefly catch up today on IG!
Same here!

I know this is cliché, but with Roy, you buy the seller more than you buy the car. This may not be as important with modern Lambos, but with something like a Diablo, Roy is God.

Brother, welcome to an incredible experience. You will not believe the raw emotion and energy this car generates. Make sure you take it to your local cars and coffee, step back and enjoy.

Oh, and driving it is kinda fun too ;-)
Thanks, Richard. Weather here will be kind of ****e for the next week or so. Hopefully once the car gets here, I'll be able to take it for some highway blasts (and turn some heads).

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
wow.

George and Steve are the best, and I know Veloce has a strong reputation. So no bad hands in on that machine. Silver is stunning. Jesus that is a beautiful machine.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,207 Posts
OMG my heart beats for that beauty! Congratulations excellent car and great story. I wish you all the best there in Texas. Post many stories of your car and photos as you get it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,657 Posts
Congratulations! That is beyond exciting, Enjoy and drive in the best of Health!

·
Registered
102 Posts
It was a pleasure to start at apposite ends in the negotiation and come to an equally happy conclusion for both of us. LOL Sometimes I think it has nothing to do with selling a car, its the fun I have talking and meeting new "Hole in the head" Lambo lovers like myself. I am happy for you.

I KNOW you will enjoy this car...it is a solid example of a Lambo you could drive from Texas to Florida on a nice road trip and not worry one bit about a failure.

Remember, the tires ARE BRAND new. They have less then 50 miles on them. SO break them in correctly, they still have oils that can make them not as gripping till you hit like 200 miles in them.

Roy Cats

·
Registered
319 Posts
Absolutely stunning. Congrats!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats, that is an awesome and very special car !

When you say "South Texas"....Corpus?

I'm in Houston and have a '91.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
how do you boys do the Diablo with the texas heat? before the covid i was in houston all the time would enjoy connecting when this madness ends.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My car has working R12, that needs a charge every couple of years, so its not bad in the summer. I got caught up a few times in stop and go traffic and engine temps have been fine as well. Other than that, I tend to drive the car when traffic is the lightest so I can stretch the legs. If you're ever in Houston, feel free to look me up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats, that is an awesome and very special car !

When you say "South Texas"....Corpus?

I'm in Houston and have a '91.
Houston here as well. What part of town?

how do you boys do the Diablo with the texas heat? before the covid i was in houston all the time would enjoy connecting when this madness ends.
Can't answer that myself yet. Hopefully it won't be an issue. Had a 1991 Porsche that had an A/C which cooled as well as an old man with emphysema blowing on your face.

My car has working R12, that needs a charge every couple of years, so its not bad in the summer. I got caught up a few times in stop and go traffic and engine temps have been fine as well. Other than that, I tend to drive the car when traffic is the lightest so I can stretch the legs. If you're ever in Houston, feel free to look me up.
98's should be running R134a which is good since I'm not even sure where I'd find R12. A/C was just recharged and was reportedly blowing at 44. I would never drive this car if I anticipated traffic, but good to know they don't overheat in some stop and go.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
in top form, does the AC keep up? Will definitely look you up, nothing better than steak dinner in Houston

·
Registered
231 Posts
I live off 290 and Beltway 8
A few years ago I bought a case of R12 to keep the AC system alive in my old iron, so have some supply to keep me going.
@bonehead - Is your Diablo yellow?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I live off 290 and Beltway 8
A few years ago I bought a case of R12 to keep the AC system alive in my old iron, so have some supply to keep me going.
@bonehead - Is your Diablo yellow?
No, it's the silver one in the first post.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts