Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a little nervous buying a car at auction, but it was too good to pass up! Had the car pass through the workshop in the UK and it seems I've ended up with a really nice car. The car has driven very little since 2011, but appears to have been warmed up, started and taken on short drives to keep everything in order.

The car has a few needs (as expected):
  • Passenger side power window inoperable
  • Front turn signal lamps are cracked (anyone know a supplier that can get these?)
  • Underside of front bumper needs some touch up (its low afterall)
  • One of the rear wheels has some "drag" likely caused by a sticking caliper or wheel bearing.
  • Tires are super old (2012) and need replacement
  • Car needs alignment
Car will also get a major service, and check on remaining clutch life. Total bill is a littler over $4k (including tires, lower bumper paint, etc) but I've ended up remarkably lucky it seems. Mechanics said the car pulls hard in every gear, and looks like a great example.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
very cool and glad that worked out. that is a very minor list.

What is included in the major? valve check and adjustment? If so that is a killer deal for all that work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're checking valves as part of that price! If it needs adjustment, the bill comes separately. The sticking "drag" turned out to be a handbrake cable that wasn't retracting properly, so that's all fixed too. Getting the bumper resprayed on the underside (road rash).

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
keep us posted on the valve adjustment - probably never done before so curious if they need shimming.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clearances were measured - no shims needed. Mechanic believes car has been well maintained and may have had them done before but no documentation. The owner didn't skimp on maintenance, it just seems there's missing records from 2011-2019 (as the tires were mounted in 2012 for example). The shop had a Diablo GT in for service at the same time, so took some nice shots of both being serviced. I didn't realize how BRIGHT this red is, it appeared a little duller in the photos from RM but really pops compared to the Grey GT.

·
Registered
Diablo SV 1997
26 Posts
Looks fantastic, who is doing the work for you in the UK? Lambo world is pretty small over here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its done by Nathan @ UCCS (Universal Classic Car Storage Limited). I have the car in long term storage before export and was trying to find a shop to do work. They were servicing a Diablo GT at the same time and had very reasonable rates, and so I figured they should get the work! Very pleased so far, and lots of photo updates.

·
Registered
Diablo SV 1997
26 Posts
Its done by Nathan @ UCCS (Universal Classic Car Storage Limited). I have the car in long term storage before export and was trying to find a shop to do work. They were servicing a Diablo GT at the same time and had very reasonable rates, and so I figured they should get the work! Very pleased so far, and lots of photo updates.
Thank you. I haven't heard of them, nice to see a GT too-very very rare in the UK.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah thought they were just trying to upsell services other than storage at first then talked to their mechanic about the Diablo GT they had in, and got some feedback after they took my car for a drive. Many of the minor issues were just "stuck" component (e.g. passenger side window just hadn't moved in a long time so it was greased and worked fine).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts