Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't decide if I prefer the original, raw look of the 1991 Diablo......or the refined elegance of the 6.0

What do you guys think? Which one do you prefer?

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
6.0 without a doubt!! If I couldnt afford my Murci that was my next choice!! They are beautiful - I like the front more than the back but they are awesome!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I like the look of the early models (pop up lights), and they are about 600lb lighter than the VT's, but prefere the benefits of the late model, ie power steering, nicer interior, etc.

Can't go wrong either way...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would get the 6.0 It looks better than the older one. I like the lights built in like that on the lambos.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I'd go with the 6.0. All the bugs are worked out, the interior is excellent and it has the CF trim. I think you can't go wrong with the 6.0. However, I do like the "clean" lines of the '91. Either one is an excellent choice!! :confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
6.0 all around better automobile(but I am a little biased)
but buying both is a good idea.
///MK

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
The only Diablo I would ever buy is the VT6.0

Although the front bumper looks not that good but the rest of the car is perfect. I don't like the GT, the front oil cooler is an absolut nonsense for street use.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For those of you with the Diablo 6.0, how does it drive compared to the Murcielago?

I'm just afraid that if I get a 6.0 and then move on to the murcielago later on, it'll feel almost the same.

I was contemplating th early model diablos so that I will have a whole new experience driving the murcielago in the future.....

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
a Murci is 90% a Diablo Vt6.0, I drove both not that much difference to change IME :wave:

·
Registered
16 Posts
They each have their best points

As a 97 Roadster owner I am a little biased, but I think if you want the pure head snapping/eye catching power of a true exotic, there is not much that out does the earlier Diablo's, especially the Roadsters. If you are not an exotic car nut that can smell Italian oil 2 blocks away, you could actually miss a Murcielago passing by. Simply not so the Diablo's. However when it comes to performance and all those refinements the 6.0's and Murcie's have it all the way.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
raymond said:
a Murci is 90% a Diablo Vt6.0, I drove both not that much difference to change IME :wave:
Thats an interesting comment... So what about the difference in driving a '99 Diablo (ie new instruments) compared to a 6.0? While I much prefer the styling of my 99 roadster compared to a 6.0, I've always been curious about the difference in "driving experience".

-mick

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am definitely going to have to say the 2001 Diablo, but I am definitely bias. Did I ever show you guys pictures of my Titanium Diablo? I don't remember I have not been on the internet much anymore, but here is a quick picture I just took of the car..... :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts