Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
White Murcielago LP640, 2006, e-gear, RWD converted
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've realized that I can't find new tires for the OEM 18" wheels on my Murci, so I've decided to switch to an 19" front and back setup. I am avoiding 20" on the back cause I wanna avoid going to lower profile tires (25). A further bonus of the 19" front/back setup is that I will even be able to find winter tires, which would be great for my Instagram content (maybe I'll even daily the car through the winter for real).

However, I am finding huge trouble finding wheels with the correct ET values: ET 15 on the front and ET 58 on the back. If I wanna go with a slighly narrower wheel on the back (11.5" instead of 13") I have to positively adjust the ET to 77. This is made harder by the bolt pattern (PCD 5x120.65).

NOTE: I am converted to RWD. No need to worry about the front/rear diameter ratio.

In other words, the OEM wheels are: 8.5J 18R 15ET / 13J 18R 58ET.
I am trying to find the following wheels: 8.5J 19R 15ET (+/- 5) / 11.5J 19R 77ET (+/- 5). And ofc PCD 5x120.65 although PCD 5x120 will fit too with eccentric bolts. Nobody has something like this in stock, mainly cause of the ET values.

Any ideas? Perhaps custom three piece wheels?

I've been advised to look in locations such as the US, UK, Dubai - but all of these require dealing with customs, and Bulgarian customs is kind of annoying when it comes to stuff like these. So I want to avoid importing wheels/tires from overseas, and stick with getting stuff delivered from the EU.

If I decide to order from the US (seems like both tires for the 18" wheels and 19" wheels are available there), which website is a good starting point?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Message sent about wheels/tires.
There are a few 18" tire options in the US if you want to go that route Toyo R888r, Continental, Pzero Rosso (limited availability), Pzero Corsa (limited availability), BF Goodrich and Hoosier (slickss).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that the continentals and pzeros are available in the US - importing remains an option if everything else fails.

We have the Toyos and the Hoosiers in Europe, I've ordered a set of Hoosiers for track use. I'm not confident in the Toyo's ability to perform in poor conditions on the street, so I'm staying away from those.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can anyone with experience running these Contintentals give a short review? How do they compare to P Zero Corsa? Is it worth waiting for the Corsas to come back in stock? I like the Corsa currently but would like something with more grip. Probably not possible unless RWD and get Toyos though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Contis are made for the exact OEM sizes, so no need for RWD if you go for them. All online reviews point to them being way better than the Corsas in almost every metric, but I haven't driven them

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Can anyone with experience running these Contintentals give a short review? How do they compare to P Zero Corsa? Is it worth waiting for the Corsas to come back in stock? I like the Corsa currently but would like something with more grip. Probably not possible unless RWD and get Toyos though.
No personal experience with the Continental, but the Corsa is the stickiest street tire, swapping to Conti from them will dramatically change the grip levels. Continental will have the longest life. Toyo requires RWD.

Treadwear:
Corsa - 80
R888r - 100
Rosso - 220
Conti - 340

·
Registered
09 LP640 Manual
3 Posts
The front 245 P Zero are widely available throughout the EU.
The rear 335 30 18 P Zero are available from Longstone Tyres in the UK. As they would be selling to you on an export basis, they will not charge VAT tax, and the only sales tax you will pay will be that imposed by Bulgarian customs.
I have bought tyres for my Pantera from Longstone in the past, and they are great to deal with. The 335 P zero are now very pricey though, they seem to be 50% more than I paid for my LP640 two years ago!

·
Registered
456 Posts
It would make sense to invest the extra money that the 18" tyres now cost, into a set of 19" or 20" wheels - this opens the door to a lot more choice and lower prices....

·
Registered
456 Posts
I saw that the continentals and pzeros are available in the US - importing remains an option if everything else fails.

We have the Toyos and the Hoosiers in Europe, I've ordered a set of Hoosiers for track use. I'm not confident in the Toyo's ability to perform in poor conditions on the street, so I'm staying away from those.
Where do you find the Toyos in Europe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The rear 335 30 18 P Zero are available from Longstone Tyres in the UK. As they would be selling to you on an export basis, they will not charge VAT tax, and the only sales tax you will pay will be that imposed by Bulgarian customs.
I have bought tyres for my Pantera from Longstone in the past, and they are great to deal with. The 335 P zero are now very pricey though, they seem to be 50% more than I paid for my LP640 two years ago!
Thank you very much! This is a fantastic solution, although I will probably still be going the 19" route

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Longstone don't show the Pirelli P Zero Corsa or Rosso tires, which are the only approved tires for our cars, on their website. You sure they have them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts