Lamborghini Talk banner

16 aventador roadster Rain water leaked through the front bonnet Help

729 Views 19 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  mtonyan2
So found out the 1016 Industries carbon fiber bonnet installed was leaking water. Rain water damaged the body control module by the passenger footrest. The harness The battery was done cause the bonnet was full of rain water. So I replaced bdcm the harness the battery. Power is back. But the car still won’t crank. Any ideas what else I can do

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think the bonnet will be the issue here. AFAIK (without checking) the only thing that keeps dry with any form of seal is the frunk.
The water traveled from the bonnet to passenger footrest. And soaked the bcdm. and more. So I changed the battery. Bcdm. And the harness. The car still won’t crank. Maybe my reader isn’t good enough. But I don’t get any errors either

· Registered
613 Posts
The water traveled from the bonnet to passenger footrest.
This doesnt make any sense. Its more likely that you have a damaged passthrough / seal on the tub that is letting water in. I think the air con lines also run here and if you have been running aircon the condensate can build up.

In terms of whats wrong, youre going to need access to a Lambo computer to run a full diagnostic on all the modules.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This doesnt make any sense. Its more likely that you have a damaged passthrough / seal on the tub that is letting water in. I think the air con lines also run here and if you have been running aircon the condensate can build up.

In terms of whats wrong, youre going to need access to a Lambo computer to run a full diagnostic on all the modules.
I tried avoiding taking it to the dealer. I had a custom sound system and the wires ran from the bonnet to the front passenger footrest mim guessing how the water got in

· Registered
2017 Aventador SV Roadster
551 Posts
I tried avoiding taking it to the dealer. I had a custom sound system and the wires ran from the bonnet to the front passenger footrest mim guessing how the water got in
Crap, yup that sounds like the issue, never heard of that happening before

Did you say the bonnet was "FULL" of rain water??? how full?

LOVE THE COLOUR btw 😍😎😎

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Crap, yup that sounds like the issue, never heard of that happening before

Did you say the bonnet was "FULL" of rain water??? how full?

LOVE THE COLOUR btw 😍😎😎

Full bro. All the way. Freaking nightmare mare to see. It’s because of the 1016 industries carbon fiber hood

Attachments

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My fear is That if I take it to the dealer Because I don’t understand these things maybe me changing bdcm and stuff isnt enough. Dealer is gonna ask for a fortune and the worse part if I choose not to fix it with them they report the vin number and add water damage that goes with the vehicle forever. Even though it’s only the front bonnet and passenger footrest. No water ever hit the engine or anything in the back

· Registered
966 Posts
My fear is That if I take it to the dealer Because I don’t understand these things maybe me changing bdcm and stuff isnt enough. Dealer is gonna ask for a fortune and the worse part if I choose not to fix it with them they report the vin number and add water damage that goes with the vehicle forever. Even though it’s only the front bonnet and passenger footrest. No water ever hit the engine or anything in the back
I mean, you do have water damage, and I'd hope that if you ever sell the car that you're upfront about it, but you don't have flood damage, which is what I'm guessing your thinking off as it pertains to the carfax.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Water damage from rain I can always explain Flood damage what the dealer would mark unless I fix it through them. Thats what I was told. Maybe it’s incorrect. No way to verify it. Seems predatory

· Premium Member
2,145 Posts
I believe the body control module controls the immobilizer as well. It works like an actuator. If the power is back but the car won't crank as you said, try the method of elimination by disabling the immobilizer. Or disabling the AC too. I don't know how to disable it: maybe unplug the port then disable it from the ecu.

· Registered
551 Posts
Full bro. All the way. Freaking nightmare mare to see. It’s because of the 1016 industries carbon fiber hood
YIKES!!!! sorry to hear 😔

unfortunately with water damage and penetration you don't know how far or what things will be affected now or in the future. I know you don't want to take it to a lambo Dealership but is there a decent shop that specializes with exotics around your area?

Some of the newer performance & customization shops are well equip to handle this, at least they think outside the box.

Good Luck

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
YIKES!!!! sorry to hear 😔

unfortunately with water damage and penetration you don't know how far or what things will be affected now or in the future. I know you don't want to take it to a lambo Dealership but is there a decent shop that specializes with exotics around your area?

Some of the newer performance & customization shops are well equip to handle this, at least they think outside the box.

Good Luck
Any suggestions in Los Angeles

· Registered
551 Posts
Any suggestions in Los Angeles
Not L.A But in Costa Mesa, contact Raging Bull Performance, talk to Frank Lopez he is fantastic and a great guy
949-646-1875

If you talk to him tell him Roberto from Canada says hello, hope he remembers me been over 9 years since I saw him last, he worked on my Diablo Roadster, he really knows his cars.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not L.A But in Costa Mesa, contact Raging Bull Performance, talk to Frank Lopez he is fantastic and a great guy
949-646-1875

If you talk to him tell him Roberto from Canada says hello, hope he remembers me been over 9 years since I saw him last, he worked on my Diablo Roadster, he really knows his cars.
Thanks!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts