Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking the other day that I passed my 14th year of ownership this fall. Time sure does fly. It has been a fun ride. There have been a lot of ups and downs. There have been good car days, and bad car days, but after all these years I am still having a blast. I may be biased, but I think it is the best looking Jalpa out there.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,600 Posts
A real beauty I guess over the 14 years the "bad car days" were not quite that bad or numerous.......otherwise you would have literally kicked the Jalapa to the curb. It is rare to see people hold on to their cars, especially these kind of cars, for that long. You should get some kind of longevity award.🏆

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,506 Posts
Nice job keeping her looking new and beautifu!

Reactions: Ohlgren

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
A real beauty I guess over the 14 years the "bad car days" were not quite that bad or numerous.......otherwise you would have literally kicked the Jalapa to the curb. It is rare to see people hold on to their cars, especially these kind of cars, for that long. You should get some kind of longevity award.🏆
After all of this time, I feel like the Jalpa has become part of my identity. 14 years ago, I went from the guy who daydreams about Lamborghini all the time, to the guy that owns an old Lamborghini.

I have to admit, some of the bad days have made me consider moving on. I had to rebuild the engine and do some pretty major repairs over the years. I have spent more than twice what I paid for the car in the process of getting it all sorted out. For the first several years, I kept working on it because I felt like the car really deserved to be sorted out and I enjoyed seeing it come back better than new. It has given me very little trouble over the last 10 years and most of the time I just get to enjoy it. I always intended to have this car forever, but the plan was to have it in a small collection of cars. The collection never materialized. We shall see what the future holds.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,600 Posts
After all of this time, I feel like the Jalpa has become part of my identity. 14 years ago, I went from the guy who daydreams about Lamborghini all the time, to the guy that owns an old Lamborghini.

I have to admit, some of the bad days have made me consider moving on. I had to rebuild the engine and do some pretty major repairs over the years. I have spent more than twice what I paid for the car in the process of getting it all sorted out. For the first several years, I kept working on it because I felt like the car really deserved to be sorted out and I enjoyed seeing it come back better than new. It has given me very little trouble over the last 10 years and most of the time I just get to enjoy it. I always intended to have this car forever, but the plan was to have it in a small collection of cars. The collection never materialized. We shall see what the future holds.
I have minimal to no mechanical skills or knowledge so I try to avoid some of those cars that need a bit of work. You apparently have some skills so it worked out for you......me on the other hand....... My hope is that the Huracan will be relatively trouble free otherwise time to move on.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't let me fool you. I hired out a lot of the work. I am very good with my hands, but do not have a ton of experience with cars. I think this makes me really dangerous. Smaller stuff I do on my own. Bigger stuff I hire out. I do more and more as I learn, but I don't want to be "that idiot who screwed up the car". My Jalpa has already had enough of that.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,600 Posts
Don't let me fool you. I hired out a lot of the work. I am very good with my hands, but do not have a ton of experience with cars. I think this makes me really dangerous. Smaller stuff I do on my own. Bigger stuff I hire out. I do more and more as I learn, but I don't want to be "that idiot who screwed up the car". My Jalpa has already had enough of that.
Okay at least you know what you can do and what needs to be farmed out. Yes, being the "idiot that screwed up the car" could wind up being more expensive as opposed to hiring a professional from the outset. Nice car though.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts