Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a letter from the CHP 11-99 foundation saying I was denied membership because on my horrible DMV record.
I didn’t even know that could happen?? :(

That’s pretty bad if a charity won’t take your money!

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I don't know how to ask this delicately, but how horrible is it? Do you know if they are only looking at the past 3 -> 7 years or so or more?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know how long.
Here is what the guy told me:

12 Tickets
3 Warrants for my arrest
A Suspended license
A few unpaid tickets..

What’s the problem??

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
sk90077 said:
I just got a letter from the CHP 11-99 foundation saying I was denied membership because on my horrible DMV record.
I didn’t even know that could happen?? :(

That’s pretty bad if a charity won’t take your money!

Are you serious? So really, what kind of record do you have?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hold your horses guys!

These are all stupid tickets like rolling stops at stop signs, no front plate on my electric car, no insurance, no seat belt (it went from $25 to $425) no registration. Non in the Diablo (knock on wood)
Its stupid garbage ones. Sorry im not a cool fugitive

But for the story lets say it was speeding at 200 in the Diablo. :evil:
I need to be accepted by my peers! :king:

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
sk90077 said:
Hold your horses guys!

These are all stupid tickets like rolling stops at stop signs, no front plate on my electric car, no insurance, no seat belt (it went from $25 to $425) no registration. Non in the Diablo (knock on wood)
Its stupid garbage ones. Sorry im not a cool fugitive

But for the story lets say it was speeding at 200 in the Diablo. :evil:
I need to be accepted by my peers! :king:

You're still the :king: in my book. :) You should you the king smilie as part of your signature.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HAHHA!
Thats funny and very true JR!

It not cheap at $1800 life time membership so you would think they want the money.
I guess im a hazard to the road

The whole concept is to help the families of the CHP officers that have been killed on the line of duty.

·
Registered
59 Posts
could your wife, brother, dad whatever not apply and give you the documentation required? This is probably a hopeless suggestion - I'm in the UK so we don't have this scheme. However it seemed from reading previous threads that you need a bumper sticker or licence plate holder/design to keep them off your tail....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Im sure your a great person. Just donate the money and tell them you don't expect anything in return. Maybe something good will come out of it for everyone. Being a lifetime member of the 11-99 foundation I can tell you first hand that $1800.00 is nothing compared with what these people go through including putting up with personalities that can ruin there day and sometimes quite often. Proud to be an exotic car owner and glad to see that they enjoy our cars on the road as much as we do.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the compliment Roy.

You are correct about there job. Very difficult and under appreciated but the I give them soooo much money as it is. I will probably end up giving them more money very soon just by the way I drive.
;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts