Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning / afternoon all.

We have been working steadily towards a host of new products to release shortly for cross platform application.

We are happy to announce the completion of development and testing of our Supertrofeo / Centenario style hood for all Huracan platforms.

The design mimics the aggressiveness of the both the Supertrfeo Huracan and the Centenario without sacrificing the integrity or use of the front trunk. We spent a great deal of time modifying and tweaking the dimensions of the product for maximum impact, while still maintaining that water will not pool on the hood. We settled on a 10 degree pitch of the bottom surface in order to accomplish this goal. Inner trunk storage is not sacrificed.

This hood will be available for the following fitments and finishes:

1) LP610 (composite, FRP)

2) LP580 (composite, FRP)

3) LP640 Performante (Forged composite price TBD, composite, FRP)

We are happy to introduce pre-sale pricing until 7/10/17:

Retail $7500, $8000 with optional high gloss PPG finishing

Introductory pricing: $6500

We welcome any questions or comments and we look forward to releasing more products shortly

·
Registered
247 Posts
Good morning / afternoon all.

We have been working steadily towards a host of new products to release shortly for cross platform application.

We are happy to announce the completion of development and testing of our Supertrofeo / Centenario style hood for all Huracan platforms.

The design mimicks the aggressiveness of the both the Supertrfeo Huracan and the Centenario without sacrificing the integrity or use of the front trunk. We spent a great deal of time modifying and tweaking the dimensions of the product for maximum impact, while still maintaining that water will not pool on the hood. We settled on a 10 degree pitch of the bottom surface in order to accomplish this goal. Inner trunk storage is not sacrificed.
"Mimics". Who are you peddling your ad to, teens?

Sorry for harshness, but why would anybody who ownes the car, would purchase this?

·
Supporting Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
"Mimics". Who are you peddling your ad to, teens?

Sorry for harshness, but why would anybody who ownes the car, would purchase this?

We aren't "peddling" ads to anyone. Perhaps this product just isn't for you.

If you take the time to visit our site and view our products perhaps you would appreciate the time and design that go into the products. Seeing as very few of our clients would most likely not sacrifice the functionality of a front trunk for active scoops, we offered an alternative that doesn't sacrifice that usage and also changes the front presence of the car.

For those who are interested in functional vents that option is also available and particularly useful for air channeling on additional coolers on upgraded turbo cars.

Thanks for catching the typo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
I actually think it looks pretty good, I also watch a lot of tropheo and gt3 racing. My only deal is I've never seen an aftermarket body panel match up to the quality of oem fitment. The body lines are always off and need work to be complete. In the pics posted I can see uneven body lines. I don't mind spending money on a product, I just don't like paying for corrections once the product has been purchased at an engineered price.

·
Supporting Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually think it looks pretty good, I also watch a lot of tropheo and gt3 racing. My only deal is I've never seen an aftermarket body panel match up to the quality of oem fitment. The body lines are always off and need work to be complete. In the pics posted I can see uneven body lines. I don't mind spending money on a product, I just don't like paying for corrections once the product has been purchased at an engineered price.

This is a prototype for that purpose. It is a solid piece of CNC ABS plastic milled off of CAD. The reason a lot of panels in the past are off is because the original modified part is made by hand or just honestly cheaply made. All of our products come off of scan data with .020mm tolerance so it's extremely accurate. From there we make the prototype as you see and make any adjustments for attachment points and hardware and smooth and surface it to match. From there the molds are then also cut with a CNC with the same level of accuracy. The advantage of accuracy, speed and time to make parts outweighs the additional cost of having those resources pretty quickly.

·
Supporting Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have now successfully tested both LHD and RHD applications of the hood with perfect results. For those not aware the strut brace is located always on the driver's side of the car, and requires stud locations on both sides to accommodate. Please see a hood installed on an LP580 in Hong Kong a long with a locally crafted body kit (Not our product).

Happy to answer any questions or comments.

We will be updating the page as other begin to install their hoods. We have supplier some single sided carbon fiber (top side painted) as well as full FRP doubled sided hoods that should provide various combinations of pattern stripping.

Looking forward to getting some real shots done shortly.

·
Vendor
1,403 Posts
We have now successfully tested both LHD and RHD applications of the hood with perfect results. For those not aware the strut brace is located always on the driver's side of the car, and requires stud locations on both sides to accommodate. Please see a hood installed on an LP580 in Hong Kong a long with a locally crafted body kit (Not our product).

Happy to answer any questions or comments.

We will be updating the page as other begin to install their hoods. We have supplier some single sided carbon fiber (top side painted) as well as full FRP doubled sided hoods that should provide various combinations of pattern stripping.

Looking forward to getting some real shots done shortly.
Very Nice!

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,113 Posts
I like it. I think it adds some meanness back to the H design. I personally think the H lacks some aggression and needs body upgrades. But like what was said earlier, all of this is subjective.

Good job 1016.

·
Supporting Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like it. I think it adds some meanness back to the H design. I personally think the H lacks some aggression and needs body upgrades. But like what was said earlier, all of this is subjective.

Good job 1016.

Thank you. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks fantastic. Wish I saw this before I ordered from another manufacturer. Now I may have to get two CF hoods!!

·
Supporting Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks fantastic. Wish I saw this before I ordered from another manufacturer. Now I may have to get two CF hoods!!

Happy to help you with any information and parts you need.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Saw this hood at Concorso Italiano during Monterey Car Week... Looks awesome in person. 1016 Industries quality is better then other ones I have seen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts