Just came across this video of a twin turbo'd monster

not sure about how the Ice can help cooling the turbos ..but it worked lol

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Nice video. Thanks for sharing. However I am not sure that a front differential Gear will work correct by high speed. To drive by TT lambo without any problem you should have roughly 1000 hp, no more. Imo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice video. Thanks for sharing. However I am not sure that a front differential Gear will work correct by high speed. To drive by TT lambo without any problem you should have roughly 1000 hp, no more. Imo.
No idea about the front diff but this is making 1011 WHP! That's a very respectable number and can't believe anyone taking out this demon

·
Registered
412 Posts
That video is correct.....I recently got to ride in a friends lp560-4 over several different days with the UGR setup....it dyno'd at a few different numbers and hit 1200 -1208 HP ....He never put ice in it while we running around but the container was there....he was just running regular water but it is for ice too....Have to run the different tires as well as the stock ones will rip apart.... I will say that the acceleration is indescribable, so brutal my head was hurting at times....My eyeballs even started to hurt after a while!! My regular G felt "tame" after that experience....:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That video is correct.....I recently got to ride in a friends lp560-4 over several different days with the UGR setup....it dyno'd at a few different numbers and hit 1200 -1208 HP ....He never put ice in it while we running around but the container was there....he was just running regular water but it is for ice too....Have to run the different tires as well as the stock ones will rip apart.... I will say that the acceleration is indescribable, so brutal my head was hurting at times....My eyeballs even started to hurt after a while!! My regular G felt "tame" after that experience....:)
that's so nice man, but I wonder how the braking is after hitting such high speeds!

what tires does he use? how much treadwear? He needs maximum grip for such cars!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey AbsLP.....Braking was not a problem at all......he already had the factory ceramic.......I think the tires were TOYO.... didn't look at the treadwear.......they had a few grooves but not many almost like slicks.......The tires stood a tad taller than stock but they could have been slightly different sizes....It was only about 70 degrees each day so he couldn't get grip very well and we weren't doing burnouts.....so even at 60 mph when he nailed it at several boosts the tires were hopping and spinning...especially in the rear..The single most awesome and incredible expererience in a car that I have had and to feel that much torque!!!:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey AbsLP.....Braking was not a problem at all......he already had the factory ceramic.......I think the tires were TOYO.... didn't look at the treadwear.......they had a few grooves but not many almost like slicks.......The tires stood a tad taller than stock but they could have been slightly different sizes....It was only about 70 degrees each day so he couldn't get grip very well and we weren't doing burnouts.....so even at 60 mph when he nailed it at several boosts the tires were hopping and spinning...especially in the rear..The single most awesome and incredible expererience in a car that I have had and to feel that much torque!!!:)
I looked up some tires online and found that Nitto have made some amazingly grippy tires called the NT05R. Drag radial tires and got alot of grip
My friend uses them on his 720 hp SRT8 chrysler and its giving him alot of grip

and similar to what you said at 60 mph, they give a little bit of spins and hops when gives full throttle
anyways, UGR Gallardos are pieces of art!

·
Registered
127 Posts
that's so nice man, but I wonder how the braking is after hitting such high speeds!

what tires does he use? how much treadwear? He needs maximum grip for such cars!
The tires they use are Toyo Proxes R888s. 235 fronts, 305 rears.

Here's a shot of the tread pattern:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts