Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Appreciate all the feedback. The dealer is draining the tank and replacing the fuel filter. The service advisor has encountered cases where the owner put a full tank of E85 - car ran rough but once cleared with new proper fuel was back to normal.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (In Transport!)
@Bentley03c, glad to hear you had it addressed appropriately. I guess if this should occur to a forum member in the future we have a solution on the ready.

Registered
Attempted this. Once the hose gets to the fuel it meets resistance (maybe from fuel level float?). Without the pump line well into the tank, it is futile.
This, gone are the days you can siphon gas out of a car, any car. Since like 1985 or so. Gas tanks do have drain plugs at the bottom, usually.

Registered
Any modern car(at least in the US market) is equipped with a roll over valve in the gas tank filler neck. That's why you can't siphon/steal gas out of them. It is designed so if you flip your car on its roof in an accident the gas doesn't pour out on the ground and possibly catch on fire. It also prevents gas from being siphoned out the filler neck.

I'm guessing that most of the people telling you to siphon/pump it out haven't siphoned gas out of a car in a pretty long time. If you don't have the ability to drain it at home get the car towed to a shop and have it drained. You can also disconnect the fuel rail and power the fuel pump and pump it out but that's a whole different can of worms.

Here is a short video explaining what I'm talking about. The green ball in the filler neck. It's not a Lamborghini but the same principal applies. Also, I don't recommend removing the ball like he's talking about in the video. It's a safety feature.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
OOPS, my comment was before reading this.
Also, this is why you don't see locking gas gaps anymore or fewer cars with gas caps.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts