Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I feel like the relevance of the EVO RWD will be come more apparent longer into it's lifecycle. Besides Aventador (different price point and getting long in the tooth) it's the only new NA mid engined supercar on sale. Outside of the 812/AV it's also the best sounding car you can buy right now. Everything else is turbo and GPF. It's also priced pretty reasonably to the competition.

Reactions: Ythart

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,730 Posts
I agree completely. That GPF is coming to a dealer near you soon.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I feel like the relevance of the EVO RWD will be come more apparent longer into it's lifecycle. Besides Aventador (different price point and getting long in the tooth) it's the only new NA mid engined supercar on sale. Outside of the 812/AV it's also the best sounding car you can buy right now. Everything else is turbo and GPF. It's also priced pretty reasonably to the competition.
+1

·
Registered
15 Posts
The EVO RWD will do well but the EVO AWD has been struggling to sell because the price point is just too high. There's a reason why used Perf coupes are selling like hot cakes, buyers would rather buy a Perf over a EVO AWD. Perf will hold it's value whereas the EVO AWD will drop like a rock.

The biggest seller for Lambo will be the Urus. Once they introduce a hybird model and performance version sales will climb even more. Remember, the current CEO capped production but who knows what the incoming CEO will do. He/she might increase production.
Why do you think the Performante will hold it’s value better then the EVO AWD?

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Why do you think the Performante will hold it’s value better then the EVO AWD?
Few reasons:
-It holds a ring record.
-It could be the only track focused AWD variant of the Huracan. The STO will be RWD.
-Exterior forged carbon which is rare because no other Lambo model has used exterior forged carbon. STO will have the normal weave carbon.
-Performante production was limited, coupe was 2 years and spyder was 1 year.

In my opinion the Performante is the best driving Lamborghini ever produced. It's the best of both worlds, you can daily it and you can use it on the track. There's a reason why over the past few months demand has gone up for the Perf. It'll be a great car to hold on.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,730 Posts
I am still kicking myself for not getting an HP spyder when I had a chance.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I am still kicking myself for not getting an HP spyder when I had a chance.
HP spyder's have dipped, the demand right now is for the coupe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Few reasons:
-It holds a ring record.
-It could be the only track focused AWD track focused variant of the Huracan. The STO will be RWD.
-Exterior forged carbon which is rare because no other Lamb model has used exterior forged carbon. STO will have the normal weave carbon.
-Performante production was limited, coupe was 2 years and Spyder was 1 year.

In my opinion the Performante is the best driving Lamborghini ever produced. It's the best of both worlds, you can daily it and you can use it on the track. There's a reason why over the past few months demand has gone up. It'll be a great car to hold on.
Good information and I ended up picking up an Evo all-wheel-drive last year. I don’t do any track driving so to me the Evo is a much better car on the road. I think the Evo is the best supercar that is currently being produced and will ever be produced due to the upcoming emissions requirements. It will be interesting to see the depreciation of the EVO vs. Performante over time because currently I see the depreciation from retail value is about 10% the first year and then about 5% after that for both models. Obviously this fluctuates due to market situations, vehicle condition and time of the year but they both should level out at some point probably after 6 to 7 years. I agree that the performante will hold it’s value better initially over the EVO but I think over time as they come out with the hybrids all of the low mile later model Huracan’s will be worth something. I don’t ever plan on selling mine so it really doesn’t matter much to me but it is interesting to see what the market will do. Now I just need to find the money to get a Aventador S and my plan is to get one of these at the bottom of the market and not the top like my EVO.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts